Anybody else have a song stuck in their head from your childhood but dont know who it is?

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shazam, helped me with this.

how was Shazam able to help you? Did you simply hear the song randomly on the radio one day and shazamed it

or did you do something else?

cause I believe you can look for songs on Shazam using lyrics

but yeah man, Shazam is a life saver, it helped me out so many times

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Not from my childhood, but for two years i was trying to find this song that i overheard some folks playing @ bbq..i heard it before then, but i never bothered to find out who sung it..so finally, this year, i heard it again at work & the guy listening to the song told me who it was..

:blessed:

Old school chi-town stepping shyt right here

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Couple joints I taped off the radio back in the day but never had no idea who they were
One was a song around 97 by some dude that sounded like Ghost. The hook he said something like It's real in the battlefield...that's all i got

A song from around the same time from a group, only lyric I remember is "I only got a few friends and I don't even trust them"

A song from around 2001, a group with dudes and a girl over a Timbaland beat. The hook they were saying "I belieeeeeve I can" and rapping about all the amazing things they believed they could do. "I can make a nun freak".....

Last edited:

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
I got a couple right now...
the problem is as a kid, I always messed up the lyrics and can only hum melodies, which gets me nowhere

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
I got this joint stuck in my head from when I was probably between 5-8.

Which is late 80's, early 90's.

It's a joint from a woman singing a song and that's all I know :no:. I think it was a love song too.

And I was living in Europe at the time (Amsterdam)

This it?

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Couple joints I taped off the radio back in the day but never had no idea who they were
One was a song around 97 by some dude that sounded like Ghost. The hook he said something like It's real in the battlefield...that's all i got

A song from around the same time from a group, only lyric I remember is "I only got a few friends and I don't even trust them"

A song from around 2001, a group with dudes and a girl over a Timbaland beat. The hook they were saying "I belieeeeeve I can" and rapping about all the amazing things they believed they could do. "I can make a nun freak".....

middle one sounds like "You're a clown" by the beatnuts

edit: nvm its "Let off a couple" by the beatnuts

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been trying to find a jamaican song from a mixtape I had years ago. It's a modern singing song about overcoming adversity or finally making it or something and I think he mentions Brooklyn it was really dope and triumphant song never heard it anywhere else before besides the mixtape

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Remember staying up late night and watching some random ass horror movie and had this song stuck in my head for the longest.
Found it recently...sorta wish I didn't, though. :shaq2:

There's this other song I used to see on VH1 alot back in the day. Some white dude was walking around on a street while the band played and watched him. Look like some strung out Wallstreet type dude. Dude was butting into people and they were cursing him out. He climbed up on a Fire escape or some shyt to go jump, then for some reason he had a change of heart and decided to throw all his money to the homeless and less fortunate or some shyt..........lead singer had a beard...looked like default white Jesus. I'd want to say the name of the band was Nazareth...but I've since combed through their work. Eh.

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember staying up late night and watching some random ass horror movie and had this song stuck in my head for the longest.
Found it recently...sorta wish I didn't, though. :shaq2:

There's this other song I used to see on VH1 alot back in the day. Some white dude was walking around on a street while the band played and watched him. Look like some strung out Wallstreet type dude. Dude was butting into people and they were cursing him out. He climbed up on a Fire escape or some shyt to go jump, then for some reason he had a change of heart and decided to throw all his money to the homeless and less fortunate or some shyt..........lead singer had a beard...looked like default white Jesus. I'd want to say the name of the band was Nazareth...but I've since combed through their work. Eh.

Three 6 Mafia sampled it by the way.....in case you wanna hear a rapper flip that sample

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
YO...this chit been plaguing my mind for almost 30 years...

it's an R&B song from like '87-'88...I only heard it once.
It's got a mid-tempo beat, kinda in that pocket between soul and new-jack swing.

Dude in the hook sings "IS IT YOU IS IT YOU IS IT YOU, that's been tracking me??"

I don't know the name of that song, or who sings it. But that chit won't leave my head...

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
I got this lyric in my head from a song by a not so popular rapper in 91-92. The only lyric from the song is

"I never really loved you I was playing with your heart little girl"

I remember the video color was brown and some if the scenes looked like a fun house mirror. It wasn't Gangstarr "X girl" or Main Source "Looking at the front door" but it came out about that time.