Anybody else have a song stuck in their head from your childhood but dont know who it is?

letti cook

Superstar
Daps

this hook been in my head forever and it aint til this thread that i decided to look it up...dont remember anything about this song or vid but that hook :russ:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
There was this rap group called Familee I believe and they had a joint called all in the Familee and it was bunch of brothers or cousins. I saw it one time when Rap city had throwback Thursday's. Haven't seen it since...

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
I got one.

From the 80s......maybe.....70s

It seemed like a KC and the Sunshine Band type of joint.

I remember part of the hook goes....."You know you want it. You know you know you waaaaant it."

The beat......if I remember correctly, the rhythm was similar to this......

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
A Different World Series S5E8 - Baby, I’m a Star

Is it the song she's singing here? I've been trying to find it too lol.

I'm running away from love again because of one bad experience / I'm trying hard to set myself free cause somebody somebody's love keeps tracking me / Is it you is it you is it you is it you keeps tracking me

:jbhmm:

Bruh...this it!!

Imma see if I can find it with these lyrics...

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a female hip-hop artist that was possibly down with Roc A Fella during their independent Freeze Records run. The song's chorus featured samples from Jodeci's "Freek N You" remix with Rae & Ghost

It went "I can go on for days...... (Jojo) /Check out the million dollar lady (Rae)"

Beat was kinda crazy. If anyone can help me figure this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a song that I know who the artist is, I just can't find this version. Should we have a separate thread for those?

In any case, Does anyone have the OG promo version of Sadat X's "Hang 'Em High" without DV Alias Khrist?

It has Sadat on the hook saying something like "Stroll through the streets with the Cowboy status, It's the Uptown's famous, New York's baddest"

It was floating around mixtapes at the time.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
Dammit :lupe:

It was just the hook...

What about the video where duke was playing a baby (had he head sticking out a baby puppet.

I was associate that video with that song (I couldn't remember)

Rahzel?

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
I know it's Remy, but it was the first time I heard her when she was Remy Martin still. It was on a Kay Slay Streetsweepers joint in 2000
It had like a carribean/ Swizz Beats vibe to it, and she would say her name on the hook. I thought she sounded sexy and was a fine Puerto Rican since she was talking about Pun and TS