Anybody else have a song stuck in their head from your childhood but dont know who it is?

AntLive1981

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia,Pa
One rap song I recorded off the radio in either '95 or '96. All I remember is "cause it's mind over matter" then the bridge came on. I used to like the beat, but never knew the name of the song. Only other words I remember is "so you can see a bigger picture". Haven't heard this song in over 20 years.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember this one song from Summer 1997. I'm not sure if that's when it came out, but that's when I heard it. All I remember is that it was a female singing "cause I neeeeeeed you". That's it. It was a slow song.

D.C Young

TMC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember this one song from Summer 1997. I'm not sure if that's when it came out, but that's when I heard it. All I remember is that it was a female singing "cause I neeeeeeed you". That's it. It was a slow song.

I'm not sure if it has that "I need you" part in it, but is this it?

It just randomly popped up in my mind cause that's one of the songs I remember from the summer of '97

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure if it has that "I need you" part in it, but is this it?

It just randomly popped up in my mind cause that's one of the songs I remember from the summer of '97

Nah, I remember that song. Props for posting it. The song I'm talking about has the "I need you" part in the chorus.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
YO...this chit been plaguing my mind for almost 30 years...

it's an R&B song from like '87-'88...I only heard it once.
It's got a mid-tempo beat, kinda in that pocket between soul and new-jack swing.

Dude in the hook sings "IS IT YOU IS IT YOU IS IT YOU, that's been tracking me??"

I don't know the name of that song, or who sings it. But that chit won't leave my head...

A Different World Series S5E8 - Baby, I’m a Star

Is it the song she's singing here? I've been trying to find it too lol.

I'm running away from love again because of one bad experience / I'm trying hard to set myself free cause somebody somebody's love keeps tracking me / Is it you is it you is it you is it you keeps tracking me

:jbhmm:

Last edited:

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
There's this R&B song from the late 80's or very early 90's where the dude sounds like he's singing "HOOTeeers... ALriiight... HOOTeeers." I know those aren't the words, but that's how I remember him singing it. :pachaha:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
98 or 99
"S O U T H that stands for South/After We get that booty/Then we Want the Mouth" LOL..that was the chorus. I don't know who put that out.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Summer of 89 or even 88. R&B song. Group singing harmony in the background. Just "ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh, ahhhhh" at the end of the song, they just repeat, "You for me, I for you, girl you know just what to do, YOUUUUUU, Ooooooh!!" Lead singer is going mad on ad-libs and belts out, "Girl, I'll never let you go nowhere................hee hee hee(Mike Jackson style)" also remember the background singers, singing, "Girl you got soul". I can literally sing the song, but no app or person seems to be able to identify this song.

Daps
Reppin
Dark Dimension
Hip hop song I believe. It's a chick... "It's all about me... It ain't about you no mooore "... Used to remind me of freak like me by adina Howard. I know I ain't trippin.

th_412

I fux deez hoes
Daps
Reppin
Yo bytch bedroom / PITTSBURGH
Yo does anyone remember a song with juelz Santana on it where one of the lyrics is

" I was born in the fukkd up 80s
Where the Coke game changed and fukkd up babies"

And Yeah brehs that's the only part I can remember :pachaha:not giving y'all much to go on I know

I dunno if it was on some random dip set mixtape or one of juelz mixtapes or justt some random song but I swear I tried listening to all my old dipset shiit and can't find it. Tried googling n looking it up online but because it's from a 2001-2004 era mixtape not much lyrics come up.

:salute:Anyone who can help in advance

BigF

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Summer of 89 or even 88. R&B song. Group singing harmony in the background. Just "ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh, ahhhhh" at the end of the song, they just repeat, "You for me, I for you, girl you know just what to do, YOUUUUUU, Ooooooh!!" Lead singer is going mad on ad-libs and belts out, "Girl, I'll never let you go nowhere................hee hee hee(Mike Jackson style)" also remember the background singers, singing, "Girl you got soul". I can literally sing the song, but no app or person seems to be able to identify this song.

I can;t help you breh but that shyt sounds hilarious.

:pachaha:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
rap joint from like 87. i vaguely remember the group may have been called city heat

the lyrics i remember go:
before i do a show, i take a vow of chastity
go on stage, perform my mastery