Apple announces that RCS support is coming to iPhone next year.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
They're using standardized RCS not Google's version that's in every Android. If a carrier doesn't support it then everything's still the same

It looks like the EU's knocking the walled garden down brick by brick. iMessage/Facetime are the main things keeping people in iOS, Google's been begging for this for years it's a matter of when not if they get the messages figured out now that iPhones allow it so that's one down

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Apple is being ghettoized :mjcry:

I don't want integration with those... phones :mjpls:
I didn't buy a 15 pro max to drink from the same water fountains they do :mjpls:

This must be how it felt when schools got integrated

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Broke, judgmental birds with spider webbed iPhone screens

sopranos-paulie-gualtieri.gif

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
They're using standardized RCS not Google's version that's in every Android. If a carrier doesn't support it then everything's still the same

It looks like the EU's knocking the walled garden down brick by brick. iMessage/Facetime are the main things keeping people in iOS, Google's been begging for this for years it's a matter of when not if they get the messages figured out now that iPhones allow it so that's one down

Pretty much every carrier in the US supports RCS. And I think Google's version is literally just RCS but through the messages app; not your carriers regular texting app

Shouldn't be any issues in this regard. I imagine apple decided to go ahead and hurry and do this since Nothing showed off their imessages app on the NothingPhone. Kind of a weird workaround but can see them wanting to avoid that and avoid the UK publicly forcing them to.

Win-win for everyone

Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, LA
Seem like people not understanding what this RCS integration is. Basically the iPhone will no longer be exclusively stuck on SMS and MMS when not text within iMessage between two users. They will now have a more feature rich option when texting outside of iMessage. Yes that also means if you text another iPhone and for what reason it's not an iMessage conversation, it'll still retain all those cool features like read receipts, reacts, etc. Also if someone sends an iPhone user a video or message outside of iMessage it won't be compressed to shyt and all blurry and vice versa.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Seem like people not understanding what this RCS integration is. Basically the iPhone will no longer be exclusively stuck on SMS and MMS when not text within iMessage between two users. They will now have a more feature rich option when texting outside of iMessage. Yes that also means if you text another iPhone and for what reason it's not an iMessage conversation, it'll still retain all those cool features like read receipts, reacts, etc. Also if someone sends an iPhone user a video or message outside of iMessage it won't be compressed to shyt and all blurry and vice versa.
nah i think most (non) apple users get that, just the apple stans think it shouldn't happen...for reasons

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

thanks for explaining for my dumb azz

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
EU has their foot on Apple's neck
EU needs to get hit with a nuke :manny:
What colors will the bubbles be tho :laff:
Its still going to be green
So I’m still going to be able to discriminate punk ass android users when they get in the group chat
I ain’t read the entire thread but im sure its full of android nikkas rejoicing that can hang out with the gawds :ahh: not knowing that ya still finna have that stench(green) on ya :scust: like someone with a poo stain on their shirt