Are Brehs Who Date Outside Their Race, But Still Contribute To The AA Community STILL "SELLOUTS"?

Are They Sellouts?

• Total voters

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This needs to be a thread.....Good fukking question.

I'm not a feminist but I suspect quite a few answers to that question will be rooted in the objectification of Black women and undoubtedly a certain herd mentality masquerading as Black pride and empowerment. The funny part to me is this raises another question. Is the bar set so low for Black pride and empowerment that coupleship and procreation now suffice as demonstratively pro Black?

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
Not being funny, but what is the genetic definition of "being black." Because most AA are genetically mixed raced at varying degrees? If you say a person has to have a larger portion of African blood, many biracials are not genetically 50/50. They can have a racial split of 60/40 or 45/55 which depends on the genes they inherited from their respective parents. If "being black" is more a cultural thing, then should it matter that a person has 15% more European blood than you (average AA is only 75%-80% African) if they retain an AA world view? This idea of African purity in the U.S. is non-existent.
Having a non-black parent is in no way comparable to the forced admixture of most AA. Most of our non-black ancestors are long dead, and are not influencing us in any way. :camby:

Last edited:

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Not being funny, but what is the genetic definition of "being black." Because most AA are genetically mixed raced at varying degrees? If you say a person has to have a larger portion of African blood, many biracials are not genetically 50/50. They can have a racial split of 60/40 or 45/55 which depends on the genes they inherited from their respective parents. If "being black" is more a cultural thing, then should it matter that a person has 15% more European blood than you (average AA is only 75%-80% African) if they retain an AA world view? This idea of African purity in the U.S. is non-existent.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a definitive answer.

jackson35

Banned
Daps
it's a tricky question, normally it takes a while for one to reach full black awareness, however most of these people are fbi agents

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
We have to ask...

Imagine a person who develops his knowledge and/or passion for black causes after he's married to a non-black woman...

What is he to do? Divorce her?

It is very possible for a person in an interracial relationship to be dedicated to the cause for improving black position.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Yes.
Listen. Everybody spewing that "you love who you love" nonsense doesn't get it.
If love is that strong how can it not influence you? How can your non-black partner, who will never understand, not influence you or worse get you to change your fight? It won't work.

Part of being pro-black is truly loving your people. I can't talk about how great or how much potential our people have, but not choose them when push comes to shove. If I am pro-black I have to and will be with a black woman, period.

Switch it up. Let's say there is a man who is anti-black. He talks down on black women and the race entirely, but dates/marries a black woman. Would we still be on that "you can't control who you love" bullshyt?
:mjpls:

Maybe I won't call you a sell out, but you are either stupid or naive to think you can have one foot in and one foot out.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Race isn't a genetic construct so your question is invalid. "Black" simply means visibly of African descent. People over complicate the issue to push various agendas.

To answer the question of the thread, yes. Dating/marrying out is selling out. Contributing to the community doesn't change that.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
We have to ask...

Imagine a person who develops his knowledge and/or passion for black causes after he's married to a non-black woman...

What is he to do? Divorce her?

It is very possible for a person in an interracial relationship to be dedicated to the cause for improving black position.

:lupe:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I've seen it said about IR relationships on hete that women will follow the men's lead and adapt to his culture (usually used to demonize "bedwenches").

Since most Black-White marriages are BM/WW...this means that the woman and their children should "fall into" their black father's culture right?

So why is there this sentiment that biracial children, who apparently have mostly Black fathers, will marry white people and "breed out" despite a stronger cultural connection to their Black sides than the White? :jbhmm:

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me ask you a question. Are Black people who decide to not have children at all just as guilty of decreasing the Black population as those those that procreate outside of their race?
giphy.gif

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Race isn't a genetic construct so your question is invalid. "Black" simply means visibly of African descent. People over complicate the issue to push various agendas.

To answer the question of the thread, yes. Dating/marrying out is selling out. Contributing to the community doesn't change that.

So if a Black individual in a IR relationship seeks to assist Black communities, should that said community shun that individual's efforts?