Are there any good ointments/ shaving creams etc for bad neck razor bumps?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
if you use a multiblade razor like i do here is your kit breh:

Beard Scrub: This is to lift the facial hair so that it isnt growing ingrown. Also, for sensitive skin brehs like us, the skin where our facial hair grows gets dry (especially on the neck area) and thus easily irritated. The scrub cleans all the dry, damaged skin from your face/skin so your shave is cleaner/you arent further irritating the skin.

96b3b262ea64014912a0e9720892c8af.jpg

multiblade razor for cheap: The fusion power is the best straight blade razor ive used. The Power is the better choice because the vibrating multiblades takes hair off in fewer passes so you dont have to keep passing over your face. Plus the blue strips has a soothing, lubricating gel that ensures the blade isnt shaving against dry skin.

81v3FL7fMML._SY355_.jpg

Shaving cream: Best and most affordable stuff ive used. Soothing and little to no irritation when using.
410xgOjIqdL.jpg

Post Shave Salve: this stuff is the best post shave salve ive used. Its pretty expensive (about 10 bucks a bottle) and can be hard to find. I order off of amazon or go to a military base and pick it up.
60336d7ca0983f8f0b3ce6987420834d.jpg

Lastly: i use a post shave moisturizer as well. The SKin TIght can dry your skin out (its good for shrinking zits as well FYI) so I use this stuff from nivea to keep my skin hydrated.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just keep your shyt moisturized so your skin so it doesn't dry out. My neck used to look like a krackle
1200px-Krackel-Fun-Size.jpg
when I first started shaving. The hair would start to grow back and it'd itch/was irritated and all of that. I just apply lotion to it and keep it moisturized and I stopped getting them.

You can put some on after a shower in the morning and before bed.

All the ointments and creams and shyt just keep the area moisturized, that's about it.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I shave with a straight razor and get zero bumps now. It's much healthier for your skin, and the right shaving soap will have your skin supple. I have a few different soaps in my rotation, but this is hands down the best.
mitchells-wool-fat-shaving-soap-popout.png

Last edited:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
My shyt looking like a spoiled Nestle Crunch outchea :francis:

32f1ea01cbf93bf54eb7adccf9f793b3.jpg

This will clear it up after a couple shaves followed up with coconut or tree oil to condition your skin.
Haven't had a hairbump in years and my skin is smooth.

Stop using razors because they only irritate a black man's skin and do not use alcohol seeing that makes it worse.

They make this in powder form as well that you have to mix with water but don't get that version seeing that it will funk up your face and house something awful.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That Bevel system breh
getbevel_1396029810.jpg

As a Black man, you shouldn't be using multiple bladed razors.
Use a single blade safety/straight razor, or use an electric shaver.
And the advice on page 1 is pretty solid.