Ask a breh with Asperger's Syndrome anything!

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
What aspects were you oblivious to before the diagnosis? Meaning what things were standard to you and not to "regular" people walking around that only made sense when you got another perspective on how you were wired.

Also are there any perceptual quirks you have like Synesthesia where you may link colors to numbers etc or any other cross modality sensory experiences? Any sensitives or things you unconsciously avoid? Is your dream world vivid? If so what types of emotions does it usually generate?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
do you have empathy? can you read body language and social queues?
I feel empathy. Most aspies do. We just can't express it as well as neurotypicals which leads to an idea that aspies lack empathy.

There's an article out there that says that high-functioning autistic people have stronger emotions than neurotypicals on average and even more prone to scams that take advantage of emotional responses.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
What aspects were you oblivious to before the diagnosis? Meaning what things were standard to you and not to "regular" people walking around that only made sense when you got another perspective on how you were wired.

Also are there any perceptual quirks you have like Synesthesia where you may link colors to numbers etc or any other cross modality sensory experiences? Any sensitives or things you unconsciously avoid? Is your dream world vivid? If so what types of emotions does it usually generate?
I was diagnosed young so a lot of it seemed like normal child behavior. One of the few things that stood out was that I was more awkward than the average kid. I didn't noticed that certain topics were taboo until relatively late.

I feel like I do have some synethesia traits. I can taste a sound and I feel an idea sometimes. I don't have the heavy sensory problems other aspies have but being in certain crowded spaces makes me feel more alone than usual. I have extremely vivid dreams and a big imagination. I can create entire fictional worlds in my head. It's fun because I love imagining myself in different points in history, creating fictional adventures, and learning different philosophies. It creates a safe space for me to be myself and explore and discover my limits.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Interesting, thanks. I've often suspected that what people externally class as lack of emotional affect is actually due to an overwhelming amount of sensation within that renders as an energetic screech for Autists like a bridge they can't cross. Much like when you leave a concert and your ears are ringing but in terms of emotional perception instead as its constantly over the threshold like the mic sensitivity is way high, someone is shouting and the recording clips.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Do you have friends/family with autism? You probably already answered.

How do you interact with animals? Have you ever had a pet?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
How are your relationships with family and friends?
It's been rocky with my family but as of now stable. They sometimes don't understand my condition and that often leads to miscommunication. I have a good relationship with the few friends I have although I slack on keeping up with them and I struggle with severe anxiety so which make that endeavor along with making new friends difficult.