Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson tweets jokes about Christians on Christmas Day

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Create a thread trying to mock and ridicule religious folks with quotes by an atheist scientist only to realize he isn't atheist at all and end up getting owned in your own thread, brehs.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
He made some good points and was humorous but I dont really think it was all that appropriate. It was kinda rude IMO and he also seems to be evangelizing against religion almost as much as some Christians do for it.

It sounds like he had a lil too much egg nog.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Don't know how u can be a physicist like him and still believe in God. That's why I found it quite strange that Newton was so religious even though he found that earth follows all these rules to fiction .

:manny: Sign of the times. Just goes to show that you can still be smart and believe in god I guess.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
I do NOT want to corroborate with "atheism-plus"

And your average every day Muslim doesn't want to be associated with Muslim extremists. It doesn't really work out that way, though.

I think we can all agree the Church of Atheism is a bad joke, but when you ask, "What do atheists believe." that's sometimes the answer you're gonna get because those idiots are making a bunch of noise.

:manny:

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Saying: "There is no god"

...is different from...

saying: "I believe there is no god"

The first implies the assertion that you can prove

The second implies the nuance that you're saying based on the lack of evidence, you don't subscribe to the claim. This also implies that you're open to changing your mind with more evidence.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's because he thinks creationism and intelligent design are stupid.

Personally I don't think Tyson is very knowledgeable about religion, just some aspects of it. If he did, he would be talking about how the Abraham Religions all were created from Egyptian( Kemet) text books and folklore. But then again making Black People the creators of civilization and religion would discredit him by his white counterparts.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Personally I don't think Tyson is very knowledgeable about religion, just some aspects of it. If he did, he would be talking about how the Abraham Religions all were created from Egyptian( Kemet) text books and folklore. But then again making Black People the creators of civilization and religion would discredit him by his white counterparts.

Eh... he's a physicist, not a historian. I'm sure he knows about the Abrahamic religions, but just doesn't view himself an authority on the topic so he stays away from it.