Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson tweets jokes about Christians on Christmas Day

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
I do NOT want to corroborate with "atheism-plus"

Lets keep it simple and stop trying to make atheists, liberals.

Other terms already exist for what you're describing.

I don't want to keep it simple, and I see no reason why it should be. I have no idea why any of what I describe has to make one a liberal

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Are all other physicists cracking jokes on social media?

No doubt NDGT is a smart guy, but he didn't HAVE to pop off. If he wanted to he could've done it earlier in the week/month, just let people enjoy their day.

Religious (some very smart as well) folks don't HAVE to pop off when they do either.

Respect needs to be shown all around if the world is to be better.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I don't want to keep it simple, and I see no reason why it should be. I have no idea why any of what I describe has to make one a liberal
Atheism = your stance on religion

Everything else is a political statement.

Don't turn people off from secularism by tainting it with all this other stuff.

And mind you, I largely agree with you on those things..but don't call that "atheism" because its not.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Are all other physicists cracking jokes on social media?

No doubt NDGT is a smart guy, but he didn't HAVE to pop off. Religious (some very smart as well) folks don't HAVE to pop off when they do either.

Respect needs to be shown all around.
Theres a few but you'd have to kinda be clued into the atheism community to really care...and they're kinda corny white dudes.

Not really. They're all kinda TRYING to get to NDT's level so they might be reluctant to try and wade in that pool.

NDT is almost where Sagan was in terms of popularity as a science communicator.

NDT is still probably one of the better spoken science communicators too so even still, no one could really "outwit" him

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Theres a few but you'd have to kinda be clued into the atheism community to really care...and they're kinda corny white dudes.

Not really. They're all kinda TRYING to get to NDT's level so they might be reluctant to try and wade in that pool.

NDT is almost where Sagan was in terms of popularity as a science communicator.

NDT is still probably one of the better spoken science communicators too so even still, no one could really "outwit" him

I agree with this, but at the same time I think some are too busy being heavily into their research and trying to find truth rather than be vocal before anything concrete has been proven. NT no doubt though is busy doing research as well I'm sure though.

Michio Kaku and Stephen Hawking are the only others that come to mind that rivals NT's popularity in giving layman's physics to the masses, and yes neither are as cleverly spoken.

I just have somewhat of a problem with blasting people on a day where they're trying to enjoy. That's all.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Haven't read the whole thread. But the irony is if Isaac Newton was alive today, he would be considered a creation scientist.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I agree with this, but at the same time I think some are too busy being heavily into their research and trying to find truth rather than be vocal before anything concrete has been proven. NT no doubt though is busy doing research as well I'm sure though.

Michio Kaku and Stephen Hawking are the only others that come to mind that rivals NT's popularity in giving layman's physics to the masses, and yes neither are as cleverly spoken.

I just have somewhat of a problem with blasting people on a day where they're trying to enjoy. That's all.
Hawking is above NDT and definitely Kaku because Hawking actively does research and has contributed immensely to our understanding of the universe...but he's severely handicapped.

Kaku comes off as a shill enough times to make people turned off to what he's saying.

NDT is way more talented as a communicator

And lets be real, blasting certain people is whats needed to let them know they're not special and they're full of shyt. Cause frankly, if he doesn't do it, who will?

These ideas shouldn't be held sacred, and preventing criticism is what led to them being so revered and expecting special status in the first place.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Haven't read the whole thread. But the irony is if Isaac Newton was alive today, he would be considered a creation scientist.
AT THE MOMENT HE DIED?...maybe

Its well documented that Newton's religious views changed radically during the time of his discoveries way up to his death and was almost officially considered a heretic because he came to acknowledge that "god" was not in control of things like the rotation of the planets or gravity or forces or anything like that. Of course there were things he didn't know and he was actively into alchemy (imagine what' he'd think of radioactivity) but he was a victim of his era.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
AT THE MOMENT HE DIED?...maybe

Its well documented that Newton's religious views changed radically during the time of his discoveries way up to his death and was almost officially considered a heretic because he came to acknowledge that "god" was not in control of things like the rotation of the planets or gravity or forces or anything like that. Of course there were things he didn't know and he was actively into alchemy (imagine what' he'd think of radioactivity) but he was a victim of his era.
I understand as far as the particulars of the nature of God but I was more referring to how he would be viewed by the scientific community today if he was alive.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I understand as far as the particulars of the nature of God but I was more referring to how he would be viewed by the scientific community today if he was alive.
but why even make the statement? Seems kinda unfair to him.

I mean, I really personally can't blame anyone for being religious BEFORE Newton himself or at least until the 17th Century cause dudes like David Hume who sound like Chris Hitchens with respect to theism definitely had balls of steel for their time.

valet

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
but why even make the statement? Seems kinda unfair to him.

I mean, I really personally can't blame anyone for being religious BEFORE Newton himself or at least until the 17th Century cause dudes like David Hume who sound like Chris Hitchens with respect to theism definitely had balls of steel for their time.
Because Tyson made the statement saying happy birthday and I found it ironic that Newton and him would be on opposite sides on the issue of religion and science.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Atheism = your stance on religion

Everything else is a political statement.

Don't turn people off from secularism by tainting it with all this other stuff.

And mind you, I largely agree with you on those things..but don't call that "atheism" because its not.
I am not tainting it, I am giving charge to it because society requires it,
an atheist has more to say on all the topics that religion taints than the religious, this is axiomatic