Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson tweets jokes about Christians on Christmas Day

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It would be interesting to see him go in on Muslims on Ramadan but he probably wants to keep his head on his body. I would also like to see him go in on Jews on Yom Kippur but he probably wants to keep working in television media. Christians make an easy target these days so that is why they are getting that work. He knows he will get nothing but some hate mail from the KKK hypocrites along with some angry tweets from soccer moms. If I had his platform and wanted to push people to do a double take on Christianity, I would use the many contradictions between the old and new testaments as well as white imperialism as a starting point. The rest flows from there but this guy comes off as a mocker and probably drives people deeper into their backward ideas.

True enough Christians/Christmas is an easy target, but I think the blatant consumerism associated with the holiday is what makes it so. People are justifiably upset, but truth of the matter is most people who celebrate Christmas aren't paying reverence to the birth of baby Jesus whom they believe died for their sins, they are celebrating a tradition moreso than worshipping a religious icon. I personally took more offense to Neil mocking my traditions, it had nothing to do with religion, as I know to take my Christian upbringing with a grain of salt.

There are no discounts on flat screen televisions or Tickle Me Elmos associated with Jewish or Muslim holidays and if there were, these groups would take strong offense to it. Mocking of ones faith is taken serious by those that take their faith seriously. American Christians don't take their faith as seriously as they take their religion. Matter of fact, we don't take any of our Hallmark-ushered holidays serious not just the faith-based ones. We all know you get your big screen for the Superbowl on MLK day, the best furniture deals are on President's Day, used cars is 4th of July, and they keep us numb off chocolate from Valentine's to Halloween with Easter somewhere in between.

One thing I will say about deGrasse and its something I've been watching with him for a while, it's the lack of humanity he seems to have. I don't know him personally and he may be a very philanthropic individual, but he comes off as disconnected from humanity. I would expect someone as smart as him to be able to look for the positive in any situation that would fukking advance human kind, but I never get that impression from him. He ain't the only genius out there that don't believe in God, but you always see Bill Gates or others use this time of year to bring joy to the lives of others, in particular children and not bring people down.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You didn't answer the question.

What do atheists believe?

They believe in Scientism, not science. Their beliefs range in depopulation, racism, white supremacy and wars. They act like they are opposite( example: Republicans to Democrats) but actually the same as those Right Wing Religious Fanatics. Their beliefs carry no real solutions to world problems except for getting rid of religion.

That is all.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
They believe in Scientism, not science. Their beliefs range in depopulation, racism, white supremacy and wars. They act like they are opposite( example: Republicans to Democrats) but actually the same as those Right Wing Religious Fanatics. Their beliefs carry no real solutions to world problems except for getting rid of religion.

That is all.
................................................WHAT THE fukk

Have you lost your mind?

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

That is all.
atheism has nothing to do with your views on science. Its merely if you believe in god(s) or not

1. I don't believe in depopulation
2. I'm not a racist
3. I don't support white supremacy
4. I support just wards

no real solutions? How about abandoning dogmatism?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
2)Three Abarahamic religions, three important periods to practitioners of their respective faiths during the year; only one of them gets ridiculed by the scientific community on any kind of basis in the US. I took a guess about why that was.

Because Christianity happens to be the most prevalent religion in our country and also happens to be the source of most anti-science rhetoric and legislation. Don't pretend you don't know for the sake of sound innocent.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
True enough Christians/Christmas is an easy target, but I think the blatant consumerism associated with the holiday is what makes it so. People are justifiably upset, but truth of the matter is most people who celebrate Christmas aren't paying reverence to the birth of baby Jesus whom they believe died for their sins, they are celebrating a tradition moreso than worshipping a religious icon. I personally took more offense to Neil mocking my traditions, it had nothing to do with religion, as I know to take my Christian upbringing with a grain of salt.

There are no discounts on flat screen televisions or Tickle Me Elmos associated with Jewish or Muslim holidays and if there were, these groups would take strong offense to it. Mocking of ones faith is taken serious by those that take their faith seriously. American Christians don't take their faith as seriously as they take their religion. Matter of fact, we don't take any of our Hallmark-ushered holidays serious not just the faith-based ones. We all know you get your big screen for the Superbowl on MLK day, the best furniture deals are on President's Day, used cars is 4th of July, and they keep us numb off chocolate from Valentine's to Halloween with Easter somewhere in between.

One thing I will say about deGrasse and its something I've been watching with him for a while, it's the lack of humanity he seems to have. I don't know him personally and he may be a very philanthropic individual, but he comes off as disconnected from humanity. I would expect someone as smart as him to be able to look for the positive in any situation that would fukking advance human kind, but I never get that impression from him. He ain't the only genius out there that don't believe in God, but you always see Bill Gates or others use this time of year to bring joy to the lives of others, in particular children and not bring people down.

The moment you realize Jesus was not born on December the 25th is the moment you'll realize why nobody takes Christmas seriously and how much time you wasted on this post.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I honestly find this Christmas shyt hilarious. A few weeks ago we were all up in arms about Exodus because it doesn't represent history.

But we give total leeway to an event, a date, that has a completely fictitious and stolen history.

At least keep it consistent. Do you want honesty and historical accuracy in your day to day life or are you cool with bending the truth to feel good?

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
."It was a custom of the Pagans to celebrate on the same 25 December the birthday of the Sun, at which they kindled lights in token of festivity. In these solemnities and revelries the Christians also took part. Accordingly when the doctors of the Church perceived that the Christians had a leaning to this festival, they took counsel and resolved that the true Nativity should be solemnised on that day."

:mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
atheism has nothing to do with your views on science. Its merely if you believe in god(s) or not

1. I don't believe in depopulation
2. I'm not a racist
3. I don't support white supremacy
4. I support just wards

no real solutions? How about abandoning dogmatism?

Atheists bring no science behind them except for what they think science should be. Hence why I brought up in another thread about "Nothing Exists" because that what you believe. Everything you listed in response is a contradiction to who you are on this forum. People have made threads on your exact qoutes from these responses. So save it.

tmonster

Superstar
Daps

That is all.
ng61MWH.png

tmonster

Superstar
Daps
Atheists will one day regret consistently repeating this mantra
sure nothing else but a disbelief in "god" is required to be an atheist
but as a social creature that disbelief will come with a cornucopia of social dispositions and many are values we should proudly associated with:
Skepticism
Humanism
Democracy
Justice
Freedom of thought
and Yes, seminally: a respect for the scientific process.

To consistently shrink to this position in order to defend atheism from being ascribed negative qualities is to fall for the jedi mind trick, and to remove from the public imagination, the relatabe and affable diversity of implications that atheism comes with, and to leave a dark corner from which charlatans will rise and redefine atheism for you.
0z4iiM1.png