Religion/Spirituality At what point in the Bible..

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Well it's not good to use claim interchangeably with belief because they have ifferences between the two words.

I mean that just because you beleive/think something might be true that doesn't mean that your saying that its fact. It's just your personal opinion or belief until the truth/fact is known.

Okay, so what is the difference between something that's true and something that's fact.

*edit* and see... this is why you get :leostare:'ed from other posters. When the conversation gets so obtuse that you want to differentiate between a truth and a fact that it's just.... exhausting. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE REALLY IF YOU CALL IT ONE THING OR ANOTHER??? The point still stands!

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Okay, so what is the difference between something that's true and something that's fact.
I never said that there were differences between truth and fact.

I'm saying there are differences between:

Someone having a belief that something is true

and

Someone having a beleif that something is true and asserting it as fact.

--------

I also said that there are differences between:

Someone having a belief

and

Someone making a claim.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

I never said that there were differences between truth and fact.

I'm saying there are differences between:

Someone having a belief that something is true

and

Someone having a beleif that something is true and asserting it as fact.

--------

I also said that there are differences between:

Someone having a belief

and

Someone making a claim.

Okay but we're not talking about what's proven fact here, we're talking about beliefs. Things people think are true. Or likely to be true. Or might be true, whatever.

When I said "claim" I only meant they were verbally expressing what they thought to be true. Not that they were asserting it to be absolutely true. Christ, can we get past all this now???

Blackout

Daps
Okay but we're not talking about what's proven fact here, we're talking about beliefs. Things people think are true. Or likely to be true. Or might be true, whatever.

When I said "claim" I only meant they were verbally expressing what they thought to be true. Not that they were asserting it to be absolutely true. Christ, can we get past all this now???
Well it's not my fault that you used the word claim wrong.

Claim is the assertion that its true so dont blame me for seeing the word for its actual meaning. :snoop:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Well it's not my fault that you used the word claim wrong.

Claim is the assertion that its true so dont blame me for seeing the word for its actual meaning. :snoop:

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot I was talking to someone who doesn't realize words have multiple meanings and usages. Worst :troll: of all time.

Blackout

Daps
Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot I was talking to someone who doesn't realize words have multiple meanings and usages. Worst :troll: of all time.
Multiple meanings?

Your making up meanings for words in the fly dude. Show me in the dictionary your meaning for the word claim cuz I don't see it.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Multiple meanings?

Your making up meanings for words in the fly dude. Show me in the dictionary your meaning for the word claim cuz I don't see it.

claim (klm)
tr.v. claimed, claim·ing, claims
3. To state to be true, especially when open to question

Really dog? I'm not gonna waste time arguing semantics with you any longer. Believe what you wanna believe, just know it's not justified.

Blackout

Daps
claim (klm)

Really dog? I'm not gonna waste time arguing semantics with you any longer. Believe what you wanna believe, just know it's not justified.
That meaning doesn't sound anything like your meaning. :snoop:

To state something to be true is the same as making an assertion which is my meaning. :snoop:

Simply having a beleif and telling someone your belief isn't the same as stating it to be true. :snoop:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

That meaning doesn't sound anything like your meaning. :snoop:

To state something to be true is the same as making an assertion which is my meaning. :snoop:

Simply having a beleif and telling someone your belief isn't the same as stating it to be true. :snoop:

Wow, fukk off troll.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook
claim (klm)

you gotta understand, this is what theists do when they have nothing, try to dance around words till people are tired of it and stop destroying their moronic claims. Lets not lose sight of the fact this particular slowish fellow thinks his opinion and ignorance on matters of fact is worth anything. As if his opinion that the sun circles the earth is one that ought to be respected and not ridiculed. :snoop:

I really dont think son is :troll:
I think he really just cant understand anything or form a coherent thought. :snoop:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
ROFL_GUY said:
lets start here..
The Epic of Enuma Elish

No. Sorry, but Enuma Elish only bears a very slight cosmetic similarity to Genesis and nothing more. I covered it here....

http://www.the-coli.com/higher-learning/48295-genesis-plagiarized.html

We've learned a lot since the late 1800's. At least you bothered to research it somewhat, but I believe this is the second time you've posted this supposed connection between the two and it just isn't accurate.​

Blackout

Daps
you gotta understand, this is what theists do when they have nothing, try to dance around words till people are tired of it and stop destroying their moronic claims. Lets not lose sight of the fact this particular slowish fellow thinks his opinion and ignorance on matters of fact is worth anything. As if his opinion that the sun circles the earth is one that ought to be respected and not ridiculed. :snoop:

I really dont think son is :troll:
I think he really just cant understand anything or form a coherent thought. :snoop:
You really think your opinion is worth anything either. Whine about theism all you want. There is still no evidence or reasoning to go against the general idea. :ahh:

Next step for you when you can't do anything to shut down my belief is tell yourself that you did. Keep on believing that lie you delusional ass fool. :ahh:

Your an atheists version of a religious nut. :ahh:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Yea the good book is like comic books, you take 'em too literal"

:troll: