Religion/Spirituality At what point in the Bible..

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I'd have to know you personally. I'm saying religious beliefs shouldn't play a part in decision making, it should be about "What is the best decision?" period and lay that out quantitatively. But because Religion is a way of life, it is impossible for that to not influence them. And there are very many congressman and representatives who are evangelical and have the IQ of a rock setting policy for this country.
I agree that human progression should be priority but I don't follow religion so its not a way if life for me.

I also noticed that you brought up Obama repealing the act.

Isn't Obama theist? :manny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

I agree that human progression should be priority but I don't follow religion so its not a way if life for me.

I also noticed that you brought up Obama repealing the act.

Isn't Obama theist? :manny:
I'm not saying there is a conspiracy here but even if Obama was agnostic/atheist we wouldn't know. He isn't an evangelical like Bush, he is much more pragmatic. Balance is key, as with everything in life, I think. The problem here is that, an unhindered absolute belief in a certain holy book can yield disastrous results. You have to use your own judgment.

Blackout

Daps
I'm not saying there is a conspiracy here but even if Obama was agnostic/atheist we wouldn't know. He isn't an evangelical like Bush, he is much more pragmatic. Balance is key, as with everything in life, I think.
Well as long as human progression is promoted I have no issues with what a person does.

In the end promoting human proggression is what my life is about. :manny:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Well as long as human progression is promoted I have no issues with what a person does.

In the end promoting human proggression is what my life is about. :manny:
Sadly, more often times than not, religion has halted human progression. We've seen how scientists have been persecuted for their facts throughout history, and you can even see the same scenario play out on these forums where religious folks are attacking science, yet I thought there wasn't supposed to be any conflict between the two :dwillhuh:

Blackout

Daps
Sadly, more often times than not, religion has halted human progression. We've seen how scientists have been persecuted for their facts throughout history, and you can even see the same scenario play out on these forums where religious folks are attacking science, yet I thought there wasn't supposed to be any conflict between the two :dwillhuh:
Well I've noticed more and more non-religious theists appearing so it looks like its getting better though. :obama:

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps

Plus isn't Obama a theist?

I can't say whether he is or not for sure, but it appears that his religion is all an act to further his career. He knew he'd have no future as a politician if he was out as an atheist, so he's playing the role as a theist.

I know he was raised by his mother who wasn't religious, so he had no indoctrination to religious ideas. I think it would be hard to turn to theism if one has a secular upbringing. But who knows? :yeshrug:

Blackout

Daps
I can't say whether he is or not for sure, but it appears that his religion is all an act to further his career. He knew he'd have no future as a politician if he was out as an atheist, so he's playing the role as a theist.

I know he was raised by his mother who wasn't religious, so he had no indoctrination to religious ideas. I think it would be hard to turn to theism if one has a secular upbringing. But who knows? :yeshrug:
He could be like me and just be a non religious theist is what I think. :manny:

More us are appearing these days is what lead me to that guess.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Who is saying that because we dont know that makes my belief more valid. All I'm saying is that my beleif can still stand.

Lets say hypothetically that you said that you believed the world is flat and current evidence comes in and says otherwise so you change your belief. If you don't change your beleif then its regarded as silly because of counter evidence.

What evidence do you have to deem my beleif as silly?

The evidence supports a universe that came about by purely natural means. There is no evidence of a supernatural entity, so there's no reason to believe in it's existence. Your belief stands on nothing.

Blackout

Daps
The evidence supports a universe that came about by purely natural means. There is no evidence of a supernatural entity, so there's no reason to believe in it's existence. Your belief stands on nothing.
There is also no reason to beleive that a higher power doesn't exist. Your belief stands on nothing as well.

Plus since when doid natural occurrences become an end all to the being existing?

Again as I say the deist beleif and a beleif that the being interacts with the universe sometimes still stands.

intilectual recipricol

Killin fake hip hop
Daps
Reppin
The Brook

So your gonna say that I don't ha be a belief or an opinion? What dictionary are you using because whatever definition your using for beleif isn't English. :snoop:

To scared to voice a conclusion? I don't have enough proof to voice a conclusion. So by default I leave it as a belief. Unlike your ignorant ass. :dead:

You sound like a angsty teen. You username says it all. :ahh:

I know your type tho your the fad type atheist. Wear it like a level and rep it like a gang. Your so fukkin lame. :jawalrus:

You dont have a belief and your opinion is worthless when its about matters of fact. I dont, nor does the universe, give a fukc whether your opinion is that the sun circles the earth. You can "have an opinion" all you want, but that doesnt mean it isnt stupid and worthless, nor does anyone have to respect it..

The fact that you cant see that opinion is worthless on matters of fact shows exactly how dumb you really are. One thing that democracy has done is allow morons to think their ignorance is equal to another person's knowledge and you are a glowing example of that. :ehh:

Blackout

Daps
You dont have a belief and your opinion is worthless when its about matters of fact. I dont, nor does the universe, give a fukc whether your opinion is that the sun circles the earth. You can "have an opinion" all you want, but that doesnt mean it isnt stupid and worthless, nor does anyone have to respect it..

The fact that you cant see that opinion is worthless on matters of fact shows exactly how dumb you really are. One thing that democracy has done is allow morons to think their ignorance is equal to another person's knowledge and you are a glowing example of that. :ehh:
A belief is an opinion dumbass.

Your opinion that a higher power doesn't exist doesn't have any more worth than mine. :ahh:

You think it's stupid because you dislike it. You have no legit reason to think of my belief as stupid.

Your the only ignorant one here. All mad as shyt coming at me with nothing but insults and nothing to back it up. :bryan:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

Could of been if they still didn't believe that the higher power has various interactions with the universe. As long as they beleive that they are not deist.

Yea, a theist believes solely on a personal god(s) (referenced by a specific religion), whereas a deist usually believes in a non-intervening deity, but not in all cases.

Certain types of Pantheists believe that the actual personal interactions and the universe constitute "god".