Baldur's Gate 3 'Isn't Going to be on Game Pass', Insists Larian Boss

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why wouldn't we care about numbers in a popularity contest?

You also said 343i sales numbers match Naughty Dog's when Microsoft has been obsticating game sales numbers for damn near decade now. We don't really know the actual sales numbers for Halo 4, 5 and Infinite.

Since 2010 when 343i took over they’ve sold around 50 million games not including infinite which is lots more than bungie sold.

Terrible studio, terrible game that’s been run into the ground tho right :ohhh:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Since 2010 when 343i took over they’ve sold around 50 million games not including infinite which is lots more than bungie sold.

Cac era:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Are you really gonna sit up here and act like Halo has anywhere near the level of prestige in the gaming community it had under Bungie?
This was released right before Halo 4 launched. Take away the 1.5 million for Halo CE Anniversary made by 343i and the 2 million for Halo Wars made by Ensemble and you're left with 42.5 million of Halo's 81 million happened either when it was under Bungie or from Bungie games.

So your argument is that 343i games are responsible for about half of Halo sales in basically as many years as Bungie had it. That's effectively no real growth in the sales numbers while the series actually grew from nothing under Bungie.

Uncharted series has sold 41 million. The Last of Us over 37 million. Both of those weren't franchises Naughty Dog was handed as multimillion sellers. Both were created from nothing and reached those heights. Add both up and you're pretty much at Halo's total franchise sales and and considering the first Uncharted game came out in 2007 and the first Halo was 2001 you sold 78 million games in 6 less years and were handed nothing to do it with.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you truly believe the 343 halo games sold 50 million copies you’re a bigger doofus than I thought
They haven't. IGN quoted Microsoft in 2012 and at the time the only non Bungie games were Halo CE Anniversary and Halo Wars and the series was at 46 million sold total.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What's crazy is you bringing up 343i who inherited a Halo series that was already at 46 million copies sold by the time they were putting out their first new game in it and acting like that puts them op par with Naughty Dog who essentially made 2 different series that are pretty close or actually surpassed 40 million sold as original series that came from that studio.

By your metrics while 343i has sold millions of copies of Halo the series has stagnated in terms of sales. In other words they inherited that series and it's continued sales are more from the series success before it than anything they did after getting it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What's crazy is you bringing up 343i who inherited a Halo series that was already at 46 million copies sold by the time they were putting out their first new game in it and acting like that puts them op par with Naughty Dog who essentially made 2 different series that are pretty close or actually surpassed 40 million sold as original series that came from that studio.

By your metrics while 343i has sold millions of copies of Halo the series has stagnated in terms of sales. In other words they inherited that series and it's continued sales are more from the series success before it than anything they did after getting it.
Started off saying they ran the franchise into the ground. Now we’ve moved the goalposts to it’s “stagnant” cause they sold more copies on less games than bungie.:wow:

And since since they didn’t create the franchise their success doesn’t count, but look at you here
Two of Sony’s best studios Insomniac
Insomniac is sony’s best studio cause they were successful with an established ip……….Crazy:wow:

So one more time
winb83 said:

By the numbers since 343 got started in 2010 they’ve sold more games than ND. Those are the numbers

You have to do sony stan mental gymnastics to argue one of these studios is Goat and the other is a failure.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You got be a complete idiot to believe 343i Halo games have sold 50 million :mjlol:
Despite what Meech says 343i have not been good stewards of the Halo brand. In terms of sales by his own numbers he posted it has stagnated and in terms of public perception it's in decline.
Started off saying they ran the franchise into the ground. Now we’ve moved the goalposts to it’s “stagnant” cause they sold more copies on less games than bungie.:wow:

And since since they didn’t create the franchise their success doesn’t count, but look at you here

Insomniac is sony’s best studio cause they were successful with an established ip……….Crazy:wow:

So one more time
winb83 said:

By the numbers since 343 got started in 2010 they’ve sold more games than ND. Those are the numbers

You have to do sony stan mental gymnastics to argue one of these studios is Goat and the other is a failure.

I mean Halo still exist. You talking about they took over the franchise in 2010 but they didn't even put out a non-remake title until 2012. At that point Microsoft said the series had crossed 46 million. We know Halo Wars sold 2 and CE Anniversary sold 1.5. We're at 44.5 million to the 81 million pre Halo Infinite. 36 million we can add back the 1.5 for the remake and 38 million. Where are you getting 50 from?

Again Naughty Dog has both series that have sold either as much as Halo or more than Halo and 343i since they took over the franchise.

As for Insomniac I could dignify it with a response but you're being totally disingenuous. We can't even compare the public perception of the series they created with that franchise which is on the rise to Halo which is in general decline. I'll give you this. Halo Infinite for a time was better received than Halo 5. It didn't have legs though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Despite what Meech says 343i have not been good stewards of the Halo brand. In terms of sales by his own numbers he posted it has stagnated and in terms of public perception it's in decline.

50 million sales =not good stewards to the franchise.

Sony fukkin stan’s. :wow:
I mean Halo still exist. You talking about they took over the franchise in 2010 but they didn't even put out a non-remake title until 2012. At that point Microsoft said the series had crossed 46 million. We know Halo Wars sold 2 and CE Anniversary sold 1.5. We're at 44.5 million to the 81 million pre Halo Infinite. 36 million we can add back the 1.5 for the remake and 38 million. Where are you getting 50 from?
The numbers you quote from ND. Include all types of spin-offs and remasters made by other studios. But you aren’t splitting hairs there.

Sony fukkin stan’s :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
50 million sales =not good stewards to the franchise.

Sony fukkin stan’s. :wow:

The numbers you quote from ND. Include all types of spin-offs and remasters made by other studios. But you aren’t splitting hairs there.

Sony fukkin stan’s :wow:
I just have the numbers Sony announced the series sold. I also didn't pull out the Halo mobile games and Halo Wars 2.