Baldur's Gate 3 'Isn't Going to be on Game Pass', Insists Larian Boss

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That just proves the point, they basically require all their resources just trying to fix the disaster they put out on launch and the current numbers they are getting really aren’t anything to rave about.

No one here plays sea of thieves, not even you for as much as you cape for it. Everyone here will play the next naughty dog game, day one. Thats the difference between these two studios, rare lost their prestige decades ago, all they have to show for their effort are dead kinect games and a cartoony pirate game no one here actually cares about
Again, Rare is growing and making the most money they’ve ever made,

ND is shrinking and squandering money trying to do what Rare is doing.

What sony stan’s on the coli “care” about has nothing to do with anything.

Y’all trash ALL the most popular games.

Again, the numbers don’t add up to your narratives.

I live in the real world. In the real world SOT is a perineal money printer and ND/Sony wish they had a game like that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Again, Rare is growing and making the most money they’ve ever made,

ND is shrinking and squandering money trying to do what Rare is doing.

What sony stan’s on the coli “care” about has nothing to do with anything.

Y’all trash ALL the most popular games.

Again, the numbers don’t add up to your narratives.

I live in the real world. In the real world SOT is a perineal money printer and ND/Sony wish they had a game like that.

Again, you don’t even play it or care about it you only talk about it when you need to defend microsoft/gamepass. Realistically, rare is a shell of its former self.

If the choices were naughty dog becoming a multiplayer studio making a game most of its audience don’t care about like Rare or releasing more single player classics, i think most of us would choose the latter.

Rare isn’t even in the conversation of great game studios anymore and thats sad. Naughty Dog will always be a top tier studio, whether they release a game this year or in 2027. It’s the same reason Rockstar get to take 8 years to release games because people know they’re quality.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again, you don’t even play it or care about it you only talk about it when you need to defend microsoft/gamepass. Realistically, rare is a shell of its former self.

I don’t need to play it to speak reality. Numbers are numbers.

If the choices were naughty dog becoming a multiplayer studio making a game most of its audience don’t care about like Rare or releasing more single player classics, i think most of us would choose the latter.
Don’t matter what you would chose. Again your narratives =/= reality.

Rare isn’t even in the conversation of great game studios anymore and thats sad. Naughty Dog will always be a top tier studio, whether they release a game this year or in 2027. It’s the same reason Rockstar get to take 8 years to release games because people know they’re quality.
Who’s conversation?

nikkas on forums?

We’ve already established that your narratives have fukk all to do with reality.

ND can’t pay their employees with GOTY awards and adoration from you stan’s, otherwise they wouldn’t be sacrificing their award winning strategy to reach for what Rare is doing. :ufdup:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
33-F44-D37-6-FE7-4259-B64-B-7-A6122-DDD886.jpg

6-CCABF18-B87-C-4-EC0-AABD-132-DD6-C6253-E.jpg

One of these is from a trash studio that nobody cares or talks about. The other from the Goat studio on earth.

:wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@Gizmo_Duck difference is, i can be honest about this stuff.

Yes, TLOU2 was very successful. Even with that great success ND has now squandered years and a bunch of money trying to chase what Rare accomplished.

ND has bled talent, they’ve had a rough couple years and they are literally living off remasters right now.

That’s all facts. But you weirdos don’t deal in facts only narratives.

Like 343i has sold approximately the same amount of games as ND during their existence, but according to y’all 343 is an abject failure and ND is one of the best studios on the planet.

Rare is at their largest and most profitable, with the most fan engagement they’ve ever had, but according to y’all Microsoft ran them into the ground.

Like i said before reality/numbers don’t add up to the narratives you stan’s spew. You just say stuff and keep repeating it until you all believe your own reality :smh:
What series has 343i actually created? Naughty Dog's successes came from series they made at their studio. 343i has been riding Bungie's coat tails and destroying the franchise with each release.

I don't even think Naughty Dog's wanted to make a live service game. Jim Ryan clearly wanted it and now free from him they decided to scrap it.

Rare at their most successful was when they were making games some considered among the greatest games of all time. I haven't heard a soul say that about Sea of Theives.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What series has 343i actually created? Naughty Dog's successes came from series they made at their studio. 343i has been riding Bungie's coat tails and destroying the franchise with each release.
Each post you move more goalposts to the next narrative.

Now a game needs to be an original IP for a studio to get credit.

So insomniac trash now right??? :ohhh:

And they “destroyed the franchise” by selling more copies than Bungie and being a more healthy studio than bungie in 2023.

Crazy how y’all just make up your own stories devoid of reality :wow:

I don't even think Naughty Dog's wanted to make a live service game. Jim Ryan clearly wanted it and now free from him they decided to scrap it.

Rare at their most successful was when they were making games some considered among the greatest games of all time. I haven't heard a soul say that about Sea of Theives.
Success isn’t @Gizmo_Duck talking about a game on forums.

Success is profit and sustainability of a studio.

It’s clear ND is having problems in that area right now. Rare is not.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Each post you move more goalposts to the next narrative.

Now a game needs to be an original IP for a studio to get credit.

So insomniac trash now right??? :ohhh:

And they “destroyed the franchise” by selling more copies than Bungie and being a more healthy studio than bungie in 2023.

Crazy how y’all just make up your own stories devoid of reality :wow:

Success isn’t @Gizmo_Duck talking about a game on forums.

Success profit and sustainability of a studio.

It’s clear ND is having problems in that area right now. Rare is not.
You could have handed Halo off to any studio and it would have at the least found initial success because it was an established franchise multimillion seller.

343i didn't create that success they inherited it and Halo is a ghost of its former self when Bungie had it and it was one of the more successful series going.

Halo went free to play in a mainline game. Imagine them doing that when Bungie was making them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You could have handed spiderman off to any studio and it would have at the least found initial success because it was an established franchise multimillion seller.

Insomniac didn't create that success they inherited it and spider-man is a ghost of its former self when activision had it and it was one of the more successful series going.
Sony stan’s :wow:

Halo went free to play in a mainline game. Imagine them doing that when Bungie was making them.
Yeah cause bungie isn’t making a FTP game right now. :ohhh:

Sony nikkas crazy :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony stan’s :wow:

Yeah cause bungie isn’t making a FTP game right now. :ohhh:

Sony nikkas crazy :mjlol:
Sony Stans is not a valid response to the fact that 343i was given a multimillion selling franchise while Naughty Dog created multiple multimillion selling franchises on their own.

Destiny 2 being free to play is a sham. After the base game got old they switched to that and you still need to buy the expansions to keep up. Halo Infinite launched with a free to play multiplayer mode that quickly faded from the mainstream mostly because of 343i handling of it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony Stans is not a valid response to the fact that 343i was given a multimillion selling franchise while Naughty Dog created multiple multimillion selling franchises on their own.

Yeah it is, cause that’s just your next goalpost.

Would NEVER see any of you talking about how insomniac doesn’t deserve credit cause they inherited one of the most popular characters/IP in the history of humanity.

But you have an obsessive need to downplay anything xbox to fit within your narrative.
Destiny 2 being free to play is a sham. After the base game got old they switched to that and you still need to buy the expansions to keep up. Halo Infinite launched with a free to play multiplayer mode that quickly faded from the mainstream mostly because of 343i handling of it.
Halo is currently more popular than Destiny, and the single player was voted GOTY by users. Something that was VERY important to you just a couple posts ago. Now that don’t matter :ohhh:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah it is, cause that’s just your next goalpost.

Would NEVER see any of you talking about how insomniac doesn’t deserve credit cause they inherited one of the most popular characters/IP in the history of humanity.

But you have an obsessive need to downplay anything xbox to fit within your narrative.

Halo is currently more popular than Destiny, and the single player was voted GOTY by users. Something that was VERY important to you just a couple posts ago. Now that don’t matter :ohhh:
pop.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So we care about numbers now :wow:

I was talking about on Xbox, but i can admit i was wrong there too. Halo was doing better for a while but Destiny came back.

Either way 343i has made more money off Halo than Bungie has Destiny.

and right now in 2023 bungie is having problems.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So we care about numbers now :wow:

I was talking about on Xbox, but i can admit i was wrong there too. Halo was doing better for a while but Destiny came back.

Either way 343i has made more money off Halo than Bungie has Destiny.

and right now in 2023 bungie is having problems.
Why wouldn't we care about numbers in a popularity contest?

You also said 343i sales numbers match Naughty Dog's when Microsoft has been obsticating game sales numbers for damn near decade now. We don't really know the actual sales numbers for Halo 4, 5 and Infinite.