BARBERSHOP TALK: If MLK Had Lived, He Would Have "PROBABLY" Ran For President

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
SERIOUS THREAD NO TROLLING

Even though he originally said he had no interest in political office in 1968 it didn't seem like he ruled it out for the future :manny: MLK could have made huge waves in the 1984 or 88 (he would have been 59 in 88') Democratic primaries even though he was originally a Republican. Because Republicans were kinda different back then than now:manny: Anyway, I think he would have made even bigger waves than Jackson did (not taking anything away from Jesse):jawalrus: Could he have won the primary :ld: However, that's a big one if that we never got to see :mjcry:

P.S. we know the files on MLK and the whole he didn't change his name situation. However, himself and Malcolm with others woke a lot of folk up.

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So, how do you think his campaign would have went?
Well, he would had kept going with the civil rights platform of course. I'm not exactly sure on how he would try to appeal to more voters because people were with him from the selma march, etc. He probably wouldn't win because
1. He probably would have gotten assassinated.
2. The cacs would "appeal" for votes and win.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Well, he would had kept going with the civil rights platform of course. I'm not exactly sure on how he would try to appeal to more voters because people were with him from the selma march, etc. He probably wouldn't win because
1. He probably would have gotten assassinated.
2. The cacs would "appeal" for votes and win.
Oh, of course he wouldn't win because he wasn't corporate owned. However, he could have also created a revolution in the political system.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he couldve won post Obama,but pre Obama?Good question but i dont think so.....Obama got voted in because alot of whites wanted to prove racism is over and its a new era:troll:....mlk wouldve been a constant reminder of the old civil rights era,cacs wanna ease they guilt not be reminded of they evil:mjpls:

I was thinking bout the same thing recently actually,but with Muhhamad Ali:pachaha:...i know it goes against everything i just said,but lowkey i think Ali wouldve had a better chance than MLK:jbhmm:...and just to be clear this is Ali if he never got Parkinsons:mjcry:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I think he couldve won post Obama,but pre Obama?Good question but i dont think so.....Obama got voted in because alot of whites wanted to prove racism is over and its a new era:troll:....mlk wouldve been a constant reminder of the old civil rights era,cacs wanna ease they guilt not be reminded of they evil:mjpls:

I was thinking bout the same thing recently actually,but with Muhhamad Ali:pachaha:...i know it goes against everything i just said,but lowkey i think Ali wouldve had a better chance than MLK:jbhmm:...and just to be clear this is Ali if he never got Parkinsons:mjcry:
Obama is just a new face to the same agenda. They knew that they had to change it up a bit. A progressive like Martin, Jesse, and to a certain extent Sander's wouldn't have got in. Our country is in a political apartheid mode meaning cutoff from the people.

P.S. Ali having a bigger chance than MLK idk.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
If MLK was alive, I'd doubt he would have gotten the limitless praises, admiration, and respect that he has received as a dead man. The door wouldn't open for him to enter the political landscape. Before he was assassinated, he wasn't the golden pacifist that the media portrayed. He irate his political connects and white America when he publicly condemned the Vietnam War and seeking economic justice. Furthermore, MLK lost his popularity as the face of Civil Rights movement in the black community when the new generation of radical blacks emerged in the 60s. There were too many barriers that MLK had to overcome to acquire any sort of financial endorsement to kick off a political campaign.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
If MLK was alive, I'd doubt he would have gotten the limitless praises, admiration, and respect that he has received as a dead man. The door wouldn't open for him to enter the political landscape. Before he was assassinated, he wasn't the golden pacifist that the media portrayed. He irate his political connects and white America when he publicly condemned the Vietnam War and seeking economic justice. Furthermore, MLK lost his popularity as the face of Civil Rights movement in the black community when the new generation of radical blacks emerged in the 60s. There were too many barriers that MLK had to overcome to acquire any sort of financial endorsement to kick off a political campaign.
:ohhh: many people rioted all over the country (Black folk) when MLK was assassinated. White America was mad at Ali, but moved on. The same could have happened with MLK.