BARBERSHOP TALK: If MLK Had Lived, He Would Have "PROBABLY" Ran For President

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
:ohhh: many people rioted all over the country (Black folk) when MLK was assassinated. White America was mad at Ali, but moved on. The same could have happened with MLK.

1. They rioted when MLK got killed, but moved on to other black political parties from the Civil Rights after the movement wasn't receiving any significant result. This was before the assassination of MLK.

2. White America stop being mad at Ali when Vietnam became unpopular and plus,Ali had a godly boxing talent that generated millions for White America. It was too easy for him to bounced back after he was banned from the ring.

3. I have watched many documentaries on King and read some autobiography excerpts and neither of those sources has any indication that King had some interests in running for a political office. I don't think King would have participate in politics, not when FBI worked so hard to destroy him and his family. That would have prevented him from making any attempts to initiate a campaign.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
1. They rioted when MLK got killed, but moved on to other black political parties from the Civil Rights after the movement wasn't receiving any significant result. This was before the assassination of MLK.

2. White America stop being mad at Ali when Vietnam became unpopular and plus,Ali had a godly boxing talent that generated millions for White America. It was too easy for him to bounced back after he was banned from the ring.

3. I have watched many documentaries on King and read some autobiography excerpts and neither of those sources has any indication that King had some interests in running for a political office. I don't think King would have participate in politics, not when FBI worked so hard to destroy him and his family. That would have prevented him from making any attempts to initiate a campaign.
1. You got a point on that one. Black Panthers became more popular and others such as the Black Liberation group.

2. True

3. Ehh, but things can change. He had no interest in 1968 I can believe, but in the 80's I think he would have gave it a shot. Would he have went far? IDK, but if the FBI left him alone he could have made waves.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
FBI/CIA killed him.

Let's just say that he was not killed after the first attempt....there would have been more until he was dead.

MLK was a dead man walking for quite some time before they got him.

the powers that be saw a threat so terrible to what they are and what they do that they thought it necessary to to PUBLICLY assassinate King, Malcolm, JFK, RFK.

And yeah, I know that JFK and RFK were in on spying with the FBI but in the end they too lost because they were divided and conquered.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
FBI/CIA killed him.

Let's just say that he was not killed after the first attempt....there would have been more until he was dead.

MLK was a dead man walking for quite some time before they got him.

the powers that be saw a threat so terrible to what they are and what they do that they thought it necessary to to PUBLICLY assassinate King, Malcolm, JFK, RFK.

And yeah, I know that JFK and RFK were in on spying with the FBI but in the end they too lost because they were divided and conquered.
Yeah, I NEVER believed that James Earl Ray killed King because he was too stupid.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
SERIOUS THREAD NO TROLLING

Even though he originally said he had no interest in political office in 1968 it didn't seem like he ruled it out for the future :manny: MLK could have made huge waves in the 1984 or 88 (he would have been 59 in 88') Democratic primaries even though he was originally a Republican. Because Republicans were kinda different back then than now:manny: Anyway, I think he would have made even bigger waves than Jackson did (not taking anything away from Jesse):jawalrus: Could he have won the primary :ld: However, that's a big one if that we never got to see :mjcry:

P.S. we know the files on MLK and the whole he didn't change his name situation. However, himself and Malcolm with others woke a lot of folk up.

MLK if he lived probably would of been America's first REAL black president.

Cause, I like Obama, but MLK was the product of two black parents. Obama is not.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
MLK if he lived probably would of been America's first REAL black president.

Cause, I like Obama, but MLK was the product of two black parents. Obama is not.
It's more than just being the first Black president. Obama represents the corporate elite. I have no issue with him, but he is the same with a different face.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It's more than just being the first Black president. Obama represents the corporate elite. I have no issue with him, but he is the same with a different face.
At the end of the day he does represent the corporate elite and the status quo. MLK had values. Obama just pretends he has values for show and then does what's in the best interest of the same people everybody else has to answer to in power.

Mentally I think having Obama in office did alot to help black folks...but I still think he lulled is into complacency making us believe we were truly "accepted" as Americans. When really we haven't even started to get to where we need to be to operate as a functioning unit in American society.

I say Obama was good for black people...MENTALLY and Mentality wise. And to embolden black Americans as a crucial part of the American unit. But still, yeah, we need to truly work together to get to where we need to be.

I honestly think MLK being President would of actually turned the tide of the American zeitgest from it being a superpower bent on dominating everything, to truly promoting the beneficial parts of Democracy that would benefit humanity.

Obama is a businessman and a figurehead at the end of the day. He doesn't even really feel like a President at times, but I will miss seeing him and Michelle and their daughters in the White House.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Oh, I heard about the Counter Intelligence Program. I was just wondering why they kill off JFK and Robert. I'll read more into it.

he was forced to work against MLK behind the scenes for political reasons even though they shared interests in the Civil Rights arena.
RFK ultimately may have been truly behind the progressive movement but needed to make it look otherwise in the the intelligence community.

at the end of the day, the Kennedy brothers were trying to destroy the CIA and FBI while working with them....the alphabet boys had already decided what was going to happen.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
he was forced to work against MLK behind the scenes for political reasons even though they shared interests in the Civil Rights arena.
RFK ultimately may have been truly behind the progressive movement but needed to make it look otherwise in the the intelligence community.

at the end of the day, the Kennedy brothers were trying to destroy the CIA and FBI while working with them....the alphabet boys had already decided what was going to happen.
Oh okay.