Before the MGSGZ reviews start rolling in: How NOT to review a game

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
This past gen? Right off the top

Alpha Protocol
Hitman Absolution
The Saboteur (I think it's less than 8/10)
Kane and Lynch

A few more I'm sure

AP is full of glitches so it deserved the scores it got. Its one of those hate it or love it games and I hated it. The choices you got were cool though.

Hitman was great in the shooting department but the disguise system was trash, especially on higher levels...You could be across the map and you'd be spotted in a uniform. Everyone who trashed it because of that is absolutely right, it breaks the game.

Kane and Lynch I fukks with...If its the original one you're talking about. K&L 2 was terrible.

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i never buy games brand new anymore anyway. it's seriously no point considering how short they usually are cause they're more interested in online play than anything else. going off a single review site is foolish.
gamerankings.com:salute:
an average>>>>>some retard who thinks their opinion is the end all be all

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
AP is full of glitches so it deserved the scores it got. Its one of those hate it or love it games and I hated it. The choices you got were cool though.

Hitman was great in the shooting department but the disguise system was trash, especially on higher levels...You could be across the map and you'd be spotted in a uniform. Everyone who trashed it because of that is absolutely right, it breaks the game.

Kane and Lynch I fukks with...If its the original one you're talking about. K&L 2 was terrible.
I liked the OG K&L AND part 2 :manny:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i think it is good to take value into consideration.

i dont think value simply breaks down to length of campaign or additional side missions, but that is a part of it. if a game is really short, but excels in a way that is special and with few peers, then it can still be worth $60

taking the worst case scenario into consideration, a game that has one level that averages to around 1 hour of good yet conventional gameplay with no multiplayer and no side missions, and is not using cutting edge technology in any way should not be full priced, and if it is, the score should reflect the insulting value proposition.

games should also lose points for being padded with filler

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
They could have a least let you play the attack on mother base part. That shyt could have been real fun or let you play up too him escaping the hospital on horse back and finished it off with a good trailer...

but im asking too much for 30 bucks :beli:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I see this happen a lot with short games.

Game is a five hour long Grade A shooter. "Despite strong shooter mechanics the game is on the short side and not worth full price."

Game is a three hour walk through a painting. "The game might be short but its philosophical depth makes it worth every penny you spend on it."

:camby:
I dont really disagree with this philosophy, though. When there's a thousand other shooters in the market, you cant help but grade on a sliding scale in comparison to more creative and unique gaming experiences.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont give any reviewer credit anyway. I watch some videos and read what the gamers say, and only the ones who have the proper knowledge of said game/franchise/genre. Too many reviewers doctor up these AAA games and when i get my hands on them they tend to be lacking. Games like:
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored
Call of Duty
Street Fighter
Just to name a few, dont flame me im not saying these games suck im just saying when the "professional" reviews came out they were praised for being fantastic art.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
http://www.gameskinny.com/5tejc/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-how-not-to-review

I think this list should fit all games pretty good. Game reviews are inconsistent in what reviewers add/remove points for. One game gets docked for having a lack of content, then another game that has an abundance of content does not get extra points for the content. (Should free DLC then raise the score of a game)The length of a game should only matter in how that length influences the experince, not how that length should influence the price. It's not up to a reviewer to decide what a game should be "worth".

Now I already know Ground zeroes is gonna get trashed in reviews, but I think situations like this is why games are still not accepted as an artform. Everybody from fans, to press, to publishers take a very amateurish/immature approach to the industry.

Thoughts?
:mjlol:

be a hypocrite brehs