Being Born Poor is like a Disease

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
Being poor is just a stage in life, that can sadly be extended by certain decisions. It's also relative, people living as lower middle class in the 3rd world would view the lower middle class in the 1st world as upper middle class or even rich.

---

Superstar
Daps
It's not like a disease it is a disease. Lower quality of life, lower life expectancy, greater disparities in healthcare, greater occurrences of long term health conditions, low aspirations, knowledge gap, you could have the potential to go to a great university and get $100k a year but because no one you know knows anything about the education game, whether it's teaching children an extended vocabulary or playing classical music while their brains are forming, or effective studying or even applying for all scholarships that gap is huge.

That is way more accurate than what I said.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Being poor is just a stage in life, that can sadly be extended by certain decisions. It's also relative, people living as lower middle class in the 3rd world would view the lower middle class in the 1st world as upper middle class or even rich.
You said nothing at all

invalid

Banned
Daps
:mjlol:

Think you're going to be raking in dough by pursuing a blue collar profession like nursing.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Please tell me what is financial literacy... and I was paying my Grandma’s rent when I was 16.... she didn’t ask me for anything.... I just did it because I could and wanted her to spend that money on other things that she wanted or wanted to do....... being poor is being born with a societal handicap and there isnt an argument that can be made to refute it

Define poor.. I took my kids a few times over the years to feed the poor living on lower wacker drive during the holidays.. Thats poor to me..

Is poor based on ones perception of poverty? Is poor defined by media? What is the universal definition of poverty?

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Think you're going to be raking in dough by pursuing a blue collar profession like nursing.
This that value system I was telling yall about earlier. The power of that "blue collar proffession" is in nursing's ability to stack shifts and pull OT. Furthermore, most med people from cna to Lpn to bsn get employee education benefits. Ignorance is the only disqualifying factor from them. There is no excuse for an individual nurse to bring in less than 60-75k.

When compared to the avg US black household salary of 42k (whites are averaging only 65k PER household) this is the literal definition of raking in dough. I’ve literally seen nursing and similar blue collar professions pull people straight out of poverty and firmly into the middle class. Can you Imagine a house with 2 nurses? They could easily bring in 100k+ per household.

50k a year starting, you can move up from that. 60k with no kids is balling in the south and Midwest.
exactly. And the brilliant thing about the nursing pay scale is that it shifts with location. In SFO and NYC, there are regular, non-nurse practitioner nurses that make more money than the doctors in residency. Their pay structure is beautiful, but most people lack the knowledge on it.

Don’t even get me started on traveling nurses who can(and do) pull 6figs.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This that value system I was telling yall about earlier. The power of that "blue collar proffession" is in nursing's ability to stack shifts and pull OT. Furthermore, most med people from cna to Lpn to bsn get employee education benefits. Ignorance is the only disqualifying factor from them. There is no excuse for an individual nurse to bring in less than 60-75k.

When compared to the avg US black household salary of 42k (whites are averaging only 65k PER household) this is the literal definition of raking in dough. I’ve literally seen nursing and similar blue collar professions pull people straight out of poverty and firmly into the middle class. Can you Imagine a house with 2 nurses? They could easily bring in 100k+ per household.

People have an issue of comparing themselves to other people.. They always lean on stats and shyt like that to justify their situation.. Until people are honest with themselves and their capabilities, they'll always be in "poverty"..

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
She's not poor, the dumb bytch took out multiple student loans to persue 2 different BA's and then nursing school. Her parents fukked up by making her pay bill's as a kid. Kids are left financially illiterate when this happens. When children start working and earning their own money they should be able to buy what they want with their money (within reason and age appropriate). If their parents take some of that money it impairs their judgement on money cuz no 16yr old wants to pay bills. If you dictate any funds from your child's paycheck it should be for savings and or investment.
I strongly disagree with that....

I agree teaching savings and investment should be priority but kids paying bills teaches them responsibility and the value of a dollar which is equally important...

Everybody situation is different though, my son got it made but I still make him pay for his phone and clothes on his back...

You don't like what your mamma buys you to wear, work and buy your own...:yeshrug:

-deleted-

Banned
Daps
I have no words or opinion on the woman in the video, but the video itself and her frustration hit me in my soul. The chart someone posted on the first page showing how much generations it takes for one to escape poverty is heart-shattering. I'm not going to say some of y'all never been through shyt, but when you actually been through it and have lived first hand exactly what the chart is saying, it puts it in perspective.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang

Please tell me what is financial literacy... and I was paying my Grandma’s rent when I was 16.... she didn’t ask me for anything.... I just did it because I could and wanted her to spend that money on other things that she wanted or wanted to do....... being poor is being born with a societal handicap and there isnt an argument that can be made to refute it

no disrespect to granny ....but just curious if she had/has life insurance? That's part of being financially literate is to talk with immediate family parents/grand parents about life insurance because that's one of the best and most efficient ways to create a foundation for the next generation...

From there folks need to have an understanding of credit not just having a good score but how to leverage it...... there's a bunch of things but that's a start.

As for the video I feel bad but it's a cold world and the whoa is me won't get you out of poverty. Like what's her credit cards looking like. Was she splurging on luxuries and not necessities? Also don't go to school and take loans if you have no real game plan or be more active with getting grants. Since she was "poor" im sure she qualified for grants was she too lazy or not in the know about them?

Being born into poverty is not a choice yes the cards are stacked against you but it's not impossible to get out of. Financial literacy is the key