Best Buy Unappreciation Thread

ottorocket

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii
:russ: Exactly. Got some headphones the other day, and ol'girl was like to want to put it on a protection Plan?
I was like :comeon:

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way about Best Buy. :obama:
Ehh I'd always get the protection plan with headphones, they all eventually give out or have sound issues.

I made sure when I left to buy a new pair and get the protection plan.

I regret not flipping some Beats headphones while I worked there

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Best buy has become two things to me. The test store where i can actually go look at /hold an item in person so i know what to expect when i buy that same product from somewhere cheaper online:pachaha:
Or its the place next to the wing spot i go to waste time while they lemon pepper my wings.:banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Some store's managers are shytty.

shytty Leaders= shytty Employees.

I am not one of them.

If I catch a muthafukka on his phone while ringing up a customer that employee won't be there for long :birdman:

As far as mark up, honestly that is standard business practice. A lot of the times many of the prices that you bytch about is actually CHEAPER than what you will pay online after shipping/handling. PLUS we price match Amazon (if the item is shipped and sold by them) Fry's, Walmart, and pretty much any reputable brick and mortar or online store we will match their price.

It is the responsibility of the Manager on duty to make sure that employees are engaged and ready to help customers, that person that was on their phone, as soon as they finished ringing you up, you should have calmly asked to speak to a manager and told that manager what shytty service you got. RIGHT in front of that employee. I'll bet you next time you see that individual he/she will either have a changed perspective of their job or they'll be the ones serving you fries and your closest McDonalds.

As far as the Protection Plan, it depends on the item, but the reason I recommend it is because it is EASIER for us at the store to take of you if something goes wrong, versus if you didn't buy it, break or damage it, and then want us to assist you. With the Protection Plan, I ALWAYS find a way to help the customer, it might not ALWAYS be what the customer EXPECTS, but there is always a solution to be found. Without it, you are at the mercy of the manufacturer, and the manufacturer gives ZERO fukks.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Y'all do know they price match?

My cousin works there so I use his discount. HDMI cords, auxiliary cords and phone chargers all cost no more than $2

PLEASE be careful with this. I just fired an employee over that the other day. Don't brag about it and DO NOT tell others that your cousin is hooking you up. No harm no foul, but if he gets caught it's automatic termination

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
PLEASE be careful with this. I just fired an employee over that the other day. Don't brag about it and DO NOT tell others that your cousin is hooking you up. No harm no foul, but if he gets caught it's automatic termination

I bought over 400k worth of stuff while I worked there. 100s of beats for family members and friends. MacBook Pro 15" retina for my brother in law, and a whole bunch of other shyt. fukk Best Buy!! Glad I got out of that piece of shyt place.

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Best time to buy if you don't mind buying used open box might be after the super bowl. They'll get a lot of returns. Depending on the manager you'll get hooked up. Sometimes up to 50 percent off regular price.

I just got a surface 3 keyboard for 60.

Lil Diddy

Pro
Daps
Man MOTHAfukkA Best buy.

1. Geeksquad provides a nice service, but the rates they charge :dahell: I wanna tell folks to bring $20 and swing around my house for an hour and I can fix your shyt.

2. They mark everything up. Everything. Even the sales are typically ripoffs. This is why folks go to best buy, look at shyt, then go home and order it from Amazon or
Newegg.com.

3. A few years ago Best Buy stores started zapping appliance and computer stock to make shyt-tons of room for Mobile devices like Ipads and Iphones and shyt. I can't stand
going in to buy a gaming mouse or headphones and there is literally only 2-3 brands to choose from, most being super cheap and one being ridiculously expensive.

Best Buy is trash.

Man look, I was with Geek Squad and nikkas used to come in with no plan (a one time fix costs almost as much as the one year plan) and I used to want to slide them my number or something. There's no reason for their prices to be that high when 75% of the time it's some extra simple shyt.

We weren't even allowed to tell people exactly how to fix it.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Best buy has become two things to me. The test store where i can actually go look at /hold an item in person so i know what to expect when i buy that same product from somewhere cheaper online:pachaha:
Or its the place next to the wing spot i go to waste time while they lemon pepper my wings.:banderas:

:russ:

:wow:

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
Man, I don't like Best buy at all.
Bought a camera back in 2001 with the protection plan.
2004 the thing went belly up...turned it in for service.
A damn month goes by, no reply.
I go in the store to raise hell...they tell me they couldn't fix it.
So I say "Replace it like the protection plan states"...they give me excuses.
I call for the manager, then the regional manager...they play ball.
They tell me that they can only replace it with a newer model of the same price...I tell them that a model as such doesn't exist.
They upgrade the camera as it's their only choice.

But it took me almost a month and a week to get a new damn camera on warranty!!
Ridiculous!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
because amazon ethered their business and they have to make up the deficit
i think they had the same margins since before amazon. the reason i dont shop there is because of the brands they push.

like mophie for example. $99 for 1,800 MAH of power and i can get a brand like anker off amazon for $20 but 25k mah. if they sold more inovative brands with better value i think they would be better off. Best buys overhead will always be higher but they could do better if they were a little more competitive + the added value of touching stuff before you buy it