Best Buy Unappreciation Thread

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Also if you're buying a tv now, wait until after the superbowl. People buy big tvs and entertainment centers for the game then return them right after.

Look for the open boxes and floor models. Guaranteed to save about $300+

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Gamers Club Unlocked gives you 20% off every new game and many games come with $10 credits. Those purchases alos go on your account toward $5 credits.

So yeah i pretty much get all my games at Best Buy now.

AngryBaby

All Star
Daps
Yup :francis: It like many other stores changed with the times, and at one point every one I went to as a kid seemed to be built to keep you inside the stores for just a bit longer.

Best Buy though can't be totally blamed, cause Brick and Mortar just hasn't been on the level of online shops since the early 2ks, and its FAR better buying online now than it was then.

Its unfortunate, cause I used to enjoy going to Best Buy, Circuit City, Comp-USA, etc. Those days are gone, and a bunch of it is the blame of smartphones.

My ass was at Microcenter last year geeking out at DSLRs, lonely in the aisles, while people are across the way buying lens kits for their cell phones :dahell: shyt is spooky.

My tastes are just too old, so the new shyt gets on my nerves.

yeah but IMO the best way for these places to fight online is the atmosphere, they need to fight online by being an awesome and fun place to go! And not just relying on the " you can get it now" metric. Why is no one capitalizing on this concept??

Daps
This thread came after I JUST bought a microphone that I'm not sure I'm gong to use anymore. :mjlol: Thank goodness I didn't open it up yet. :whew:
best buy is the reason they shut down the GOAT CIRCUIT CITY. :pacspit:

Damnnnn, you brought it wayyy back with that one. I haven't seen a circuit city since I was a kid. :skip:

Yeah their ceilings are high af.

Why do the want to sell you a Best Buy Protection Plan on every item? No thanks, I don't need a three year protection plan for this bag of candy.

:russ:

Some store's managers are shytty.

shytty Leaders= shytty Employees.

I am not one of them.

If I catch a muthafukka on his phone while ringing up a customer that employee won't be there for long :birdman:

It is the responsibility of the Manager on duty to make sure that employees are engaged and ready to help customers, that person that was on their phone, as soon as they finished ringing you up, you should have calmly asked to speak to a manager and told that manager what shytty service you got. RIGHT in front of that employee. I'll bet you next time you see that individual he/she will either have a changed perspective of their job or they'll be the ones serving you fries and your closest McDonalds.

:huhldup:

They make all the employees HEAVILY push Protection Plans because:

1. They have a daily quota of Protection Plans they HAVE to get everyday as well as Best Buy Credit Card usages or the head district management will come "pay a visit :demonic:"

and

2. When they sell merchandise most of the time they break even from the cost they bought it from Samsung and other companies, Protection Plans are purely a Best Buy thing so that's 100% profit, the more plans sold the more profit goes directly to Best Buy. It's like buying soda syrup for $30 and you mix it with a ton of water to make cola and sell it for $2 a cup and you sell 300 cups that $600 minus the $30 for the cost of syrup that's $570 profit :win:

:ohhh:So they're like Macy's with their credit cards....

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
brehs really feeling some type of way about high ceilings:mjlol:
makes them feel even shorter when they look up :umad:
Coli insecurities :umad:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Some store's managers are shytty.

shytty Leaders= shytty Employees.

I am not one of them.

If I catch a muthafukka on his phone while ringing up a customer that employee won't be there for long :birdman:

As far as mark up, honestly that is standard business practice. A lot of the times many of the prices that you bytch about is actually CHEAPER than what you will pay online after shipping/handling. PLUS we price match Amazon (if the item is shipped and sold by them) Fry's, Walmart, and pretty much any reputable brick and mortar or online store we will match their price.

It is the responsibility of the Manager on duty to make sure that employees are engaged and ready to help customers, that person that was on their phone, as soon as they finished ringing you up, you should have calmly asked to speak to a manager and told that manager what shytty service you got. RIGHT in front of that employee. I'll bet you next time you see that individual he/she will either have a changed perspective of their job or they'll be the ones serving you fries and your closest McDonalds.

I worked retail before, and I don't know what ol'girl was going through that day, so I aint about to complain. But that Best Buy is weird as fukk, I see the employees on their phone all the time, texting. I didn't even know you could keep a phone with you.

Anyways some update to my situation, I have to say Bestbuy.com and telephone customer service is :blessed:.

Got a pricematch on a 4K tv for a substantially lower price. :steviej:Almost half retail :sas2:

Samsung too, not some off brand bullshyt. :smugdraper:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Coli brehs, yes I am still shopping at Best Buy.

I bought an open box item online and have to pick it up at the store.

I want an additional discount though. :steviej:

The laptop is marked "good", what if it is not as "good" as I imagined it?

@Ziggiy or any other brehs bless me with some knowledge

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
pickles said:
Coli brehs, yes I am still shopping at Best Buy.

I bought an open box item online and have to pick it up at the store.

I want an additional discount though. :steviej:

The laptop is marked "good", what if it is not as "good" as I imagined it?

@Ziggiy or any other brehs bless me with some knowledge

Get a Protection Plan. I ain't bullshyttin' you, either. I copped a 32" monitor and paid an additional $40 for the plan.

Shyt died after like 8 months. Called the number they gave me, submitted my claim, 5 days later I get a check for what I paid for it.

Didn't even have to send it back to prove it was broken. For all they know, I could have just been scamming.

PC's, on the other hand, they gon' try and get you to do something with the Geek Squad. Don't do that. Just get the money-back plan without the tech services.

Now if it were a brand new PC/Macbook, then I'd say go with the total package if you're not PC/Mac-savvy. It'll cost you a couple hundred, but you get unlimited tech support for a couple years AND can still get your money back 4 years later if it breaks.​

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best buy sucks but in the last decade, they had the best return policy. I would buy the insurance to the cd player or mp3 player. Everytime my CD player would get fukked up especially Sony ones which were cheaply made pieces of shyt, I'd go back to best buy return my shyt for a free another one. :lolbron: same with the headphones. I did it with the Microsoft zune too. Best buy was all swell until technology made that spot outdated Haha. Also had a little job stint there too on the weekends. That shyt sucked. Got laid off but the pay was good though. Been over there last week and yeah, it's a ghost town in there. They dont even have workers around there anymore. More like 1 person for 6 sections. See that a lot of them are closing down too. Oh well.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
I just bought a new gaming computer from Best Buy 2 weeks ago, changed my life,:wow: i feel like i really am in the future now:blessed: