Big Boi is a Better Rapper than Jay Z. Agree or disagree?

Who is Better at Rapping?

• Sir Lucious Left Foot

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Jay Z of Hawaiian Sophie Fame

Votes: 47 65.3%

• Total voters

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
As a huge fan of both I hate threads like this. Just ends up with unnecessary slander towards legends we should celebrate rather than denigrate.

This.

I grew up on Big and he's a monster. I was a little kid in Karate class listening to outkast lol. Being from Alabama he was a big part of my childhood and he's elite.

Let's celebrate both. That said if I had to pick.... Jay by a BIT.

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I’d say that he’s the only one who can se the holy trinity in Jay, Big and Pac.

There’s a lot of random names that come close to the trinity, but he’s probably the closest one

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I made a thread a while back asking why people hate Jay so much :pachaha:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/is-the-jay-z-hate-real.971625/
I’ve already said that there’s a group of Stan’s on the internet that move like BTS/Barbies but unlike the aforementioned they are not 5 million kids it’s 500 dedicated grown men on some Taliban shyt. And they really hate Jay.

Other than that, too many black people hate black winners unless they are dead or retired

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
As a huge fan of both I hate threads like this. Just ends up with unnecessary slander towards legends we should celebrate rather than denigrate.
I agree, but sections feeds off this. Happens to damn near all pre 2010s legends
Jay, Pac, and BIG discussions should be banned at this point…
Agreed, or make a mega thread for each of these cats like a breh said Nas gets his own too

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
To those who think this is random, I've always those they were really similar when you think about it

Both had that double time stutter flow. Only Jay z dropped it once he doubled his dollars

Similar subject matter as well. Being fly, selling dope, pimpin, but being introspective and sentimental from time to time

A lot of yall east coast mfs showed yall ass in the boosie thread. You took shots at the south and said boosie is just a C list failure of a rapper. Well, here's a new challenger you can't discredit :ufdup:

It's way past time we give this man his due. With almost 30 years in the game, big boi has more than proved himself to be a top 5 rapper

He's a multiplatinum artist that was in the goat rap group where in which he was rapping, singing, producing, and writing hooks

He has a solo album. Multiple, so that excuse wont work this time :mjgrin:

And as bonus, he's also a much better actor

But what yall think? :jbhmm:

Let us continue our weekly jay z discussion :mjgrin:

No lies were told.

Big Boi is a better rapper than Jay-Z.

Jay-Z has not evolved and is 50+ years old still rapping about selling drugs.

Rap about being a family man :mjgrin: