Birdman & Slim interview with Forbes

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Crazy thinking bout the years put into their company. It’s almost surreal
When Gillie was talking about Birdman he said god gonna give you what he wants you to have

Dumb or smart ,

God want Birdman to be the #1 Stunna:wow:

wingzboy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
brehs the way to look at this is when I was a teen, cash money was a major player in the game, 10 years later when I was a in my twenties, cash money was still relevant with weezy being one of the biggest names in the game, today, the teens of 2010-2019 will be in the same position I was in in the 90's, where they all know that cash money had some of the biggest acts in the game... almost 30 years of dominance brehs, that's some hip hip motown shyt.

Last edited:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
8th? How we tallying this?

The average peak life of a rap label is roughly 3-5 years. CMR has been at it for almost 30 years non-stop, all while never being afraid to completely switch up the roster plenty of times.

They're on a New England Patriots type of unheard of run with multiple players but some of the same key figures for most of the dynasty.

1. The Bounce Era circa 1992 (Pimp Daddy, Lil Slim, Ms. Tee, UNLV, PxMxW, BG)
  2. The Hot Boys era circa 1997 (Hot Boys & Big Tymers)
  3. The post Hot Boyz Era circa 2001 (Jazze Pha, Mack 10, TQ, Mickkey, Tateeze, Sqad Up, Gillie The Kid)
  4. OG Young Money Era circa 2003 (Currensy, Mack Maine, Boo)
  5. 5* Birdman post Mannie Fresh era circa 2005 (Starlito, Block Burnaz, 6 Shot, Teena Marie, Brisco, Kevin Rudolph)
  6. YMCMB Era circa 2009 (Nicki, Drake, Lil Twist, Jay Sean, Jae Millz, DJ Khaled)
  7. Rich Gang Era circa 2014 (Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan)
  8. GTV/Cash Money West circa 2017 (Jacquees, Blueface, Money Man, Glokk Nine)

Last edited:

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The average peak life of a rap label is roughly 3-5 years. CMR has been at it for almost 30 years non-stop, all while never being afraid to completely switch up the roster plenty of times.

They're on a New England Patriots type of unheard of run with multiple players but some of the same key figures for most of the dynasty.

1. The Bounce Era circa 1992 (Pimp Daddy, Lil Slim, Ms. Tee, UNLV, PxMxW, BG)
  2. The Hot Boys era circa 1997 (Hot Boys & Big Tymers)
  3. The post Hot Boyz Era circa 2001 (Jazze Pha, Mack 10, TQ, Mickkey, Tateeze, Sqad Up, Gillie The Kid)
  4. OG Young Money Era circa 2003 (Currensy, Mack Maine, Boo)
  5. 5* Birdman era circa 2005 (Starlito, Block Burnaz, 6 Shot, Teena Marie, Brisco, Kevin Rudolph)
  6. YMCMB Era circa 2009 (Nicki, Drake, Lil Twist, Jay Sean, Jae Millz, DJ Khaled)
  7. Rich Gang Era circa 2014 (Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan)
  8. GTV/Cash Money West circa 2017 (Jacquees, Blueface, Money Man, Glokk Nine)
This is two eras

Cash money

And

Ymcmb

It’d be amazing if these nikkaz come up with a new pool of talent in a third generation

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
The fact that you don't see or hear from Slim as much makes me believe he's really the brains behind this shyt. It's crazy anyone that has an issue with Cash Money only mention Birdman. Gillie is the only one to mention Slim from what I remember.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
The fact that you don't see or hear from Slim as much makes me believe he's really the brains behind this shyt. It's crazy anyone that has an issue with Cash Money only mention Birdman. Gillie is the only one to mention Slim from what I remember.

Slim always been the actual brain behind the music and business. Vernon Brown is the attorney & business advisor. Baby more of the public face.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I wonder if Birdman being a sleezy business man is apart of there success :ohhh:

Like think about it

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jacquees taking Birdman on a victory lap. And I just saw a new Juvey video where they're repping Cash Money again. Its clear they're running a shell game with their buisnesses. Y'all better get a good look at this, cause there's no way another label will pull off the run these brothers have.

critical_temp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. People don't realize Wayne's main influences outside of Jay-Z & Missy Elliot were whoever his labelmates were at the time:

Yella Boy
Juvenile
Gillie The Kid
Currensy
Drake

Damn, accurate!

I can agree with this much more than 8 generations. They had a long run, arguably unmatched, but every time they sign a batch of new acts isn't a generation of music.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. People don't realize Wayne's main influences outside of Jay-Z & Missy Elliot were whoever his labelmates were at the time:

Yella Boy
Juvenile
Gillie The Kid
Currensy
Drake
Lies

Currency was tryna rap like wayne.
Currency even admitted that and said it wasn't his style.

Drake sounded just like Wayne when he first came out.

Wayne NEVER sounded like Gillie.