Daps
I'm just glad Wayne got out. Wonder if Nicki will be able to leave soon yjo

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Damn, accurate!

I can agree with this much more than 8 generations. They had a long run, arguably unmatched, but every time they sign a batch of new acts isn't a generation of music.

A hip-hop label generation is roughly 3 years because of the high turnover rate and fact that most wash out after maybe 5 years. Cash Money's sound (Jazze Pha, T. Mix,etc) and premier artists outside of Wayne caused them to basically rebrand each era. Outside of Three 6 just about every other label goes thru a new era/generation basically every 2 or 3 years. They can't keep the momentum tho and eventually fall off.

Lies

Currency was tryna rap like wayne.
Currency even admitted that and said it wasn't his style.

Drake sounded just like Wayne when he first came out.

Wayne NEVER sounded like Gillie.

Curren$y's influence was moreso with the Bape & skateboarding culture that became Wayne's star. Soon as Spitta came around Wayne started talking about SB Dunks, skateboards, Vans and all that.

Drake helped Wayne reeeeally go into his autotune singing bag and 40 even explained how Wayne actually straight up stole plenty of Drake songs and made them his own single (She Will, Love Me and more).

Wayne went from the N.O. Bounce flow and went to the more aggressive Philly style when Gillie came around and you can hear the difference start around 500 Degreez/SQ and especially around Carter 1 & C2. That's also when Wayne stopped writing. Wayne could've blended right in with State Property then and thats why he especially killed those SP beats. Peep how he started using Philly slang heavy. Gillie aint ghostwrite but he was a major influence.

Last edited:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
A hip-hop label generation is roughly 3 years because of the high turnover rate and fact that most wash out after maybe 5 years. Cash Money's sound (Jazze Pha, T. Mix,etc) and premier artists outside of Wayne caused them to basically rebrand each era. Outside of Three 6 just about every other label goes thru a new era/generation basically every 2 or 3 years. They can't keep the momentum tho and eventually fall off.

Curren$y's influence was moreso with the Bape & skateboarding culture that became Wayne's star. Soon as Spitta came around Wayne started talking about SB Dunks, skateboards, Vans and all that.

Drake helped Wayne reeeeally go into his autotune singing bag and 40 even explained how Wayne actually straight up stole plenty of Drake songs and made them his own single (She Will, Love Me and more).

Wayne went from the N.O. Bounce flow and went to the more aggressive Philly style when Gillie came around and you can hear the difference start around 500 Degreez/SQ and especially around Carter 1 & C2. That's also when Wayne stopped writing. Wayne could've blended right in with State Property then and thats why he especially killed those SP beats. Peep how he started using Philly slang heavy. Gillie aint ghostwrite but he was a major influence.

Ok that's true about currency. Wayne and Currency both said that.

Wayne was doing autotune singing BEFORE anyone cared about Drake you literally pulled that out your ass.

I am from Philly. Wayne never used Philly slang in his raps. He became more unique and started rhyming words but altering the sound of them so boy sounded like bul on ONE SONG and Gillie ran with it.

Gillie is a fraud....once he said he made the Go DJ hook that's when I knew he was lying.

Wayne was always rapping aggressively. Go listen to Lights Out lol

Super Ramon

Banned
Daps
Reppin
T-unit
Ok that's true about currency. Wayne and Currency both said that.

Wayne was doing autotune singing BEFORE anyone cared about Drake you literally pulled that out your ass.

I am from Philly. Wayne never used Philly slang in his raps. He became more unique and started rhyming words but altering the sound of them so boy sounded like bul on ONE SONG and Gillie ran with it.

Gillie is a fraud....once he said he made the Go DJ hook that's when I knew he was lying.

Wayne was always rapping aggressively. Go listen to Lights Out lol

:hhh: I ain’t even from philly but carter 1 Wayne sound like he spent a summer there and stole all they swag.

Matter fact, I don’t think you from Philadelphia. Prolly from Chester :mjlol:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:hhh: I ain’t even from philly but carter 1 Wayne sound like he spent a summer there and stole all they swag.

Matter fact, I don’t think you from Philadelphia. Prolly from Chester :mjlol:
:comeon:

Everyone said he sounded like NYC rapper around that time due to Dipset. Now he sounds like Philly?

Nah. I ain't buying it.

In 2004...Philly was still hype on Cassidy and Beans. Then it was Haddy, Reed and Meek.

Wayne sounds nothing like them.

Gillie ain't have a buzz since like 1999-2000 :dead:

Super Ramon

Banned
Daps
Reppin
T-unit
:comeon:

Everyone said he sounded like NYC rapper around that time due to Dipset. Now he sounds like Philly?

Nah. I ain't buying it.

In 2004...Philly was still hype on Cassidy and Beans. Then it was Haddy, Reed and Meek.

Wayne sounds nothing like them.

Gillie ain't have a buzz since like 1999-2000 :dead:

:stopitslime: Meek Mill in 04 outside of philly

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn

i agree with @Gator Reloaded i don't think drizzy had anything to do with weezy's autotune singing at all. he had already been singing with prostitute flange and duffel bag boy & t-pain was actually the one who caused him to add autotune to an already existing style

but cosign weezy stealing drake songs, the one that really stands out is i'm single which of course was 40 produced and intended for drake. the hook, flow, cadence, phrasing and stretching the end of his bar with a singing style sounded like '09 so far gone drizzy. "yeah i fukk you for an hour then i smoke it oooooofffffff...." not to shyt on tune's name but i get the suspicion that drake actually gave him the reference vocals for that track and he made a few modifications here and there before recording

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
i agree with @Gator Reloaded i don't think drizzy had anything to do with weezy's autotune singing at all. he had already been singing with prostitute flange and duffel bag boy & t-pain was actually the one who caused him to add autotune to an already existing style

but cosign weezy stealing drake songs, the one that really stands out is i'm single which of course was 40 produced and intended for drake. the hook, flow, cadence, phrasing and stretching the end of his bar with a singing style sounded like '09 so far gone drizzy. "yeah i fukk you for an hour then i smoke it oooooofffffff...." not to shyt on tune's name but i get the suspicion that drake actually gave him the reference vocals for that track and he made a few modifications here and there before recording
Maybe the beat was meant for drake but those are clearly Wayne bars.

And even stilll....Wayne ain't steal the song.

They're artists and friends.

I am sure they share ideas and songs etc...

Its simply the music business.

Wayne already explained how Love Me came about.....he asked for the fukking song. Drake and Future did the video. He ain't steal shyt lol

There are videos of Wayne and Drake working on She Will. That was also explained. Not a stolen song. Lol.

Y'all create these fake ass stories that are easily disproved via a quick Google search. Lol.