Black American Man Moves to Dominican Republic!

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Didn't watch the vid but a lot of these videos give very misleading impressions of moving and living in these other countries. Moving and living a comfortable life there is much easier when you've had decades of building American wealth and income streams. This is not something a black person who is just barely getting by should entertain.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Black Americans have the best chance of finding success in the USA not in any former colonial state in the West. You are actually putting yourself in a worse position because in many countries like DR, Brazil, Puerto Rico, and etc the Black people are practically invisible in society. The dominant culture extracts Black culture and commercializes it but the people get ZERO respect. These countries have yet to have a civil rights movement so you’re not gonna see protections like the Fair Housing Act, Voting Rights Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, and etc. When you go to places like these you gotta be honest about your American privilege so that you understand why and people gravitate towards you. If they shyt on their own Black population they will shyt on you too, they just aren’t cuz you have an American passport.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Out of all places African Americans could go, why DR? Do they even want us there?

We have no ties to latin culture
. I would move to the Bahamas, Panama, Jamaica, VI, and West Africa before choosing DR.
well in the DR we actually do not that I'm supporting us going to DR, I'm just posting history

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I'm already seeing a lot of "Stockholm Syndrome" replies in this thread :sas2:

"I WOULD NEVER LEAVE AMERICA!!! I LOVE IT HERE. USA USA USA" :damn:

I'll let ya'll cook though:hubie:

The country in question has a history of looking down on people with brown skin. To the point where they are making legislation to remove people of Haitian descent from their country. You go and visit the country and you will see brown skin Dominicans doing hard manual labor while the light skin ones are doing all the customer forward work. shyt is disgusting. So I have to ask myself as someone with brown skin, why would they treat me any different................only because they would know I'm American with American money. I don't want to be anywhere that only treats me with an ounce of respect because they know I'm foreign.