Black American Man Moves to Dominican Republic!

Daps
Reppin
809 & 347
Out of all places African Americans could go, why DR? Do they even want us there?

We have no ties to latin culture. I would move to the Bahamas, Panama, Jamaica, VI, and West Africa before choosing DR.

Panama is a latin american country. West African brehs will see you as an akata.:troll:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I'm already seeing a lot of "Stockholm Syndrome" replies in this thread

"I WOULD NEVER LEAVE AMERICA!!! I LOVE IT HERE. USA USA USA"

I'll let ya'll cook though

Stockholm Syndrome refers to a Prisoner of War who after internment starts to sympathize with his/her oppressor. Your prescription of stockholm syndrome in this case is misdiagnosis because moving from the USA to the DR to seek refuge from the White man is like trying to escape Denver, CO winter by moving to Antarctica. We are not saying “don’t leave the USA” we’re saying “don’t jump out of the frying pan into the fire”. A Black American that leaves the country is seeking to find a place that accepts them for being Black, that places is not DR. DR does not even accept their own Black population, Black Americans are accepted there for the American part pf their heritage and nothing more.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
I didn’t see much of the first video or the others but I stopped watching them for a reason; disabled vet, seen friends die, PTSD and all that shyt. And he said his friend asked him, when was the last time you traveled...

That right there, that’s the turning point. That’s why traveling is so important.

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
Out of all places African Americans could go, why DR? Do they even want us there?

We have no ties to latin culture. I would move to the Bahamas, Panama, Jamaica, VI, and West Africa before choosing DR.

I find a bit strange myself....Whatever makes him happy I guess.....

invalid

Banned
Daps
Stockholm Syndrome refers to a Prisoner of War who after internment starts to sympathize with his/her oppressor. Your prescription of stockholm syndrome in this case is misdiagnosis because moving from the USA to the DR to seek refuge from the White man is like trying to escape Denver, CO winter by moving to Antarctica. We are not saying “don’t leave the USA” we’re saying “don’t jump out of the frying pan into the fire”. A Black American that leaves the country is seeking to find a place that accepts them for being Black, that places is not DR. DR does not even accept their own Black population, Black Americans are accepted there for the American part pf their heritage and nothing more.

Basically this. Dominicans do everything to deny their own blackness. Why would we want to go to a country like that?

We’ve already had our black power/civil rights movement, so going to a place where they haven’t reached their own self-actualization would be going backwards.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
No disrespect to my Dominican brehs but if I was gonna move, I would've chose a country with a more poppin economy (e.g. Kenya or South Africa)

But to each his own. I hope the breh finds happiness Life is too short