Black income distribution: where you at brehs/brehettes?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
1% but in the DMV that is upper-middle class.
Living the 6-cert dream:wow:

Edit:brag thread

Yeah, area of the country is a big factor too. If you live in NYC making $100k with cost of living factored in isn't as living large as if you lived in Henry County, GA and had the same income. $75k+ in NYC/SF/Boston/LA/ChiTown is getting by depending on where you are.

capt_saveahoe

All Star
Daps
how do men still make more than women? at this point, I thought it would be even....

It is even. Unmarried, childless women make more money than men up till early 30s. Men tend to go into careers that requires more education up front and the pay out comes later.

Men also tend to work longer hours regardless of whether they are married or not

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
It is even. Unmarried, childless women make more money than men up till early 30s. Men tend to go into careers that requires more education up front and the pay out comes later.

Men also tend to work longer hours regardless of whether they are married or not

There is also a huge gap with more men if you look at the higher earning careers like IT, engineering, finance, etc. More Black women get degrees than men, but at HBCUs (or any other college) the STEM population tends to be lopsided towards men. I don't know how women earn against men in the same careers with same education but if it follows national trends, it is probably less.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
5%... if I was considered a Millennial...

Not sure of the cut off

16% if I am considered gen X

Imhotep2

Superstar
Daps
Who would've thought that all the black people in the top 5% of earners have coli accounts :blessed:

It explains why we have the best servers on the innanet due to the overflow of donations :banderas:

:troll:

Last edited: