Blake Lively, LA face an Oakland Booty: Agree or Disagree?

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
[QUOTE="EpicStoryTeller, post: 19200777, member: 23710"everyone knows women in oakland are ratchets half the time. :mjpls:

I see :sas2:[/QUOTE]

I'm from the bay bruh, it's more like 75%

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This country too damn sensitive
13240493_1403234796369159_3833376556603377722_n.jpg
The variation what the fukk :mindblown:
i'll still fukk while motherfukkers complain
This, optical illusion or not

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
BLAKE LIVELY’S GENTRIFIED BOOTY, EXPLAINED
Damon Young, 5/18/16
blake.png

Who is Blake Lively?

For a while I thought she was Sienna Miller. Like, I’d see her and say “That’s Sienna Miller in that movie, apparently.

But she’s not Sienna Miller. And she’s definitely not Scarlett Johansson.

Are you sure?

Yes.

So she’s just Blake Lively?

Yes. She is just Blake Lively, a person who is not Sienna Miller and definitely not Scarlett Johansson.

What is gentrification?

Gentrification is defined by Merriam-Webster as the “process of renewal and rebuilding accompanying the influx of middle-class or affluent people into deteriorating areas that often displaces poorer residents.”

How can I tell if a neighborhood has been or is in the process of being gentrified?

The types of business, bike lanes, and apartment/loft/condo listings that propagate seemingly overnight are one indication. If a Trader Joe’s all of a sudden pops up in the hood, best believe its not there for you, Jerome. But the best signal has always been White woman with shih tzus. If you walk through an inner-city neighborhood, and you see at least two and up to 14 White women with shih tzus and yoga pants, it’s a gentrified neighborhood.

Why two? Why not one?

One White women with a shih tzu could be just be lost. Or following her dreams when she quits her cushy girls track coaching position at Prescott High to become the boys football coach at inner-city Central High. Even though she’s faced with both racial and gender prejudices, she whips the team into shape, so they can compete against Prescott High in the final.

Did you just quote the IMDB description of the movie Wildcats?

Yes.

I see. So why is Blake Lively in the news today?

While at the Cannes Film Festival, the modelesque Lively shared a picture of herself in brown dress that makes her look quite shapely.

The caption she added on the pic said “L.A. face with an Oakland booty.” Which is a reference to a line in Sir Mix-a-Lot’s “Baby Got Back.”

This upset some people, who felt this was racially insensitive.

How so?

L.A. face with an Oakland booty” by itself is a somewhat problematic line, as it suggests that the optimal Black woman is one with a body more commonly associated with Black woman (Oakland), but with facial features more aligned with the White (Hollywood/LA) standard of beauty. But no one really gave a damn about that line when Mix-A-Lot said it because it was 1992, and all we cared about was Karl Kani and the McRib.

Anyway, by using this caption, Lively essentially gentrified the booty. Which is actually apropos because she has a gentrified booty.

What’s a gentrified booty?

Sometimes in newly gentrified neighborhoods you’ll find new “ethnic” restaurants that are just ethnic in name only. It’ll tout itself as “Vietnamese Cuisine.” But if you actually peeked into the kitchen, you’d just see four bearded hipsters in 511s making ramen and adding Old Bay. A gentrified booty, which Blake Lively possesses, follows the same script.

If you looked at literally any other picture of Lively other than the one in question, you’d see that her “booty” is basically just an extension of her back. There’s no booty there. Just a back, and then an asscrack, and then air. Even after adding a few pounds for pregnancy, it’s still the size of a spider whisper.

Of course, there’s nothing wrong with not having much booty. You know who else didn’t have much booty? Jesus. But there is something wrong with pretending to have it, especially if you’re only pretending to have it now because it’s now, officially, “cool” for you to pretend to have it.

I get it now. Anything else?

Not really. I’m not upset about it, and admittedly she did look very good in the dress. I even forgot for a minute that she’s not Sienna Miller and definitely not Scarlett Johansson.

Just don’t gentrify the booty, man.

Blake Lively’s Gentrified Booty, Explained | VSB
Omg what in the absolute fukk. That article gave me a headache. Gentricfication is annoying but over analyzing every menial comment on Twitter is WEIRD. It's not that serious. It's really not. How the fukk did they stretch that one comment to get this reply.

jamma

Pro
Daps
her ass is just wide as fukk because she's pregnant.

I can't believe people write trash ass think pieces about this bullshyt. Trying so hard to be outraged, when there are legit issues that should be given attention instead of this shytty instagram caption. :snoop:

Last edited:

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
So like 5 accounts out of almost a billion & you have dudes on here complaining about public outrage. Just about any idiot can cherry pick a few accounts & claim black women are outraged for their own agenda.

Y'all need to be outraged about her struggle cheeks not random idiots.

Who the fukk is Blake Lively anyway? I'm struggling to keep up the these new it girls :mindblown: