Boeing papers show employees slid 737 Max problems past FAA

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I advocate this a lot. fukk fines. If your negligence leads to someone getting killed, and you could have known that your negligence might lead to someone getting killed, that's negligent homicide. Fines hardly even affect the fukkers responsible for shyt like this.

White collar crime pisses the hell out of me. People who steal money and people who get folks killed rarely go to jail if they did their stealing and killing from a position of power.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Based on this it seems less that the engineers are to blame and more higher up managers to blame. The engineers knew the shyt was junk and expressed as much but with @FAH1223 article providing deeper insight into the culture change in boeing, it seems like higher ups obsessed with profit margins pushed it through.

Imagine resorting to using outsourced engineers being paid a meager wage of 9 bucks an hour to push through a critical patch to fix issues with the aerodynamics of the airplane? Secondly, the issue was hardware due to the design and engine size, not software but Boeing saw a "Patch" as a better use of money instead of redesigning the aircraft.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Based on this it seems less that the engineers are to blame and more higher up managers to blame. The engineers knew the shyt was junk and expressed as much but with @FAH1223 article providing deeper insight into the culture change in boeing, it seems like higher ups obsessed with profit margins pushed it through.

Imagine resorting to using outsourced engineers being paid a meager wage of 9 bucks an hour to push through a critical patch to fix issues with the aerodynamics of the airplane? Secondly, the issue was hardware due to the design and engine size, not software but Boeing saw a "Patch" as a better use of money instead of redesigning the aircraft.
Their new high capacity 777X was developed under the same culture/management as well. And just like the 737MAX they went the (cheap) route of revising an existing plane as opposed to building a new one from the ground up. It's now been delayed numerous times due to technical issues. This thing could have disastrous results if they don't clean up their act...

And I don't know what affect all this controversy has on passengers, but I'd be very concerned about any flights on this new model :patrice:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
@FAH1223

Looks like a top pilot is going to be prosecuted for lying about the plane.:gucci:

How come no executives ever get caught when shyt like this happens?

:dwillhuh:

Boeing chief technical pilot couldn’t ‘Jedi mind trick’ his way out of a federal indictment
Sounds like it is his keystrokes specifically that got him pinched... he also admitted that it was he himself who lied to regulators... I dont see in the article where the higher ups comes in at.:manny:
Unpopular opinion, he undersold it to them as well.
:manny: