Boldy James & The Alchemist - My 1st Chemistry Set (October 15, tracklist, cover)

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listening to my AOTY right now:ahh:

Chilling in the Maybach with Cyclops and Weapon X
I'm Wolverine, tha'ts Professor X
Got that Magneto, shooting form the hips

:banderas:

...ALC deserves producer of the year just for What's the World, Consideration, 400 Thousand, and KY Jellybeans:lawd:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Evil Twin sounds like it COULD be an ALC beat, even if it isnt lol

Since the thread just go upped, I'm just seeing this. Funny you say that. I can too. Sid Roams did it. They sound like ALC sometimes, and used to even more.

I thought that was maybe the hardest beat on MMLP2 but I didn't listen to the album that close.

Sorry I'm going on an Eminem tangent. I still don't understand how ALC is Em's DJ and producers really close to ALC like Havoc, Sid Roams, and Just Blaze have all managed to get multiple placements on Eminem projects and all ALC officially has is that old joint with D12 and then Em's verse on Chemical Warfare.

Then to hear that Em wanted this? I wonder how it would've sounded. I gotta say I can't imagine anyone but SP on it. Nas too. But it would've been on Eminem Show so Em probably would have spit pretty hard on it.

Alchemist - After we made that song, someone from Eminem’s management team called me like, ‘Em is checking out the album and he really likes that beat. He wants to know why didn’t you play that for him?’

“It threw me off cause I would have never thought to play a beat like that for Em. I wasn’t DJing for Eminem at the time but we always had a connection because we have the same manager, Paul Rosenberg. So that was weird, but I was like, ‘Word, Em likes that. That’s crazy.’”

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
something about this dudes flow stands out in a nice way, idk what it is but I feel Alchemist complimented his style well. They need to collab more often so hopefully we can see another project out of these two eventually, Id rank this at the top of Alc's collab tapes

Last edited:

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Currensy needs to batter up for round 2 cuz as of now Covert Coup has been dethroned :ufdup:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Currensy needs to batter up for round 2 cuz as of now Covert Coup has been dethroned :ufdup:

Hopefully it's on the way man!

something about this dudes flow stands out in a nice way, idk what it is but I feel Alchemist complimented his style well. They need to collab more often so hopefully we can see another project out of these two eventually, Id rank this at the top of Alc's collab tapes

I just wish it was shorter. I like Boldy's flow on here too, and it's arguably the best set of beats ALC has had on any of these projects, but I just got tired of 3 verses over and over. If they'd just cut most of the solo joints down to 2 verses it would've been perfect.

It didn't need to be one verse and no hook on some Covert Coup/Madvillainy shyt, but It got a little hard for me to keep paying attention to Boldy's flow for so long.

EDIT: I looked it up and the run time is 50 mins. 40 mins would've been perfect. Just trim the fat and get 10 mins off there, or swap a couple Boldy verses out with a Prodigy feature, Evidence feature, Gibbs or Currensy. That would've made it one more notch higher.

It's dope as fukk though and I'm about to run it now.

Last edited:

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopefully it's on the way man!

I just wish it was shorter. I like Boldy's flow on here too, and it's arguably the best set of beats ALC has had on any of these projects, but I just got tired of 3 verses over and over. If they'd just cut most of the solo joints down to 2 verses it would've been perfect.

It didn't need to be one verse and no hook on some Covert Coup/Madvillainy shyt, but It got a little hard for me to keep paying attention to Boldy's flow for so long.

EDIT: I looked it up and the run time is 50 mins. 40 mins would've been perfect. Just trim the fat and get 10 mins off there, or swap a couple Boldy verses out with a Prodigy feature, Evidence feature, Gibbs or Currensy. That would've made it one more notch higher.

It's dope as fukk though and I'm about to run it now.

If it was up to me I would cut the features n half , you wanted more, I wanted less- especially that generic Domo hook, dude almost ruined the track with that trash. Even the dudes that came correct feel out of place like Earl Vnce n Dash considering these dudes are like 20 .I was even feelng that one feature on there until I realzed it was a woman soundng like a mddle aged dude:scusthov:,I havent played that track snce

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
If it was up to me I would cut the features n half , you wanted more, I wanted less- especially that generic Domo hook, dude almost ruined the track with that trash. Even the dudes that came correct feel out of place like Earl Vnce n Dash considering these dudes are like 20 .I was even feelng that one feature on there until I realzed it was a woman soundng like a mddle aged dude:scusthov:,I havent played that track snce

:heh:

I'm pretty sure it's Boldy's sister too. I remember hearing him say he was proud of her for rapping on there, and I played the song like "what girl is on this song?"

But indeed it's her.

2nd verse for anyone that doesn't know. I think. It better not be the third, lol.