Boldy James & The Alchemist - My 1st Chemistry Set (October 15, tracklist, cover)

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Alc can make or break artists, I haven't felt Boldy on anything since this project :mjlol:

His voice/style fits Alcs perfectly tho
BTW what happen to Boldy ? He drop anything recently? I know he signed to mass appeal and got that NaS co-sign

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
glad this guy faded away, voice/flow was trash
You know the funny thing is I didn't mind it even on this project...at first.

But when an artist like Boldy James does a collaboration album with a top shelf producer, IMHO it should be an EP or if it's an LP, some of those 3 verse songs should've been cut down to 2 verses.

Some of the songs on there are just too long. On Sean Price's final album he kicks it off with 2 great songs over Alchemist beats and put together, they clock in at like 4 mins, and then many of the Boldy James songs on this album are pushing 5 mins.

:patrice:

30-40 mins would make me run this back more. But beat for beat this is one of Alc's better projects in recent years.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
You know the funny thing is I didn't mind it even on this project...at first.

But when an artist like Boldy James does a collaboration album with a top shelf producer, IMHO it should be an EP or if it's an LP, some of those 3 verse songs should've been cut down to 2 verses.

Some of the songs on there are just too long. On Sean Price's final album he kicks it off with 2 great songs over Alchemist beats and put together, they clock in at like 4 mins, and then many of the Boldy James songs on this album are pushing 5 mins.

:patrice:

30-40 mins would make me run this back more. But beat for beat this is one of Alc's better projects in recent years.

yea it just didnt feel like he paid any dues, maybe hes been around for ever but outside of Dilla's Rebirth of Detroit project i hadnt heard of him. should have been an EP

musically? i wasnt big on this one, love Moochie but on the whole it was ehh. should go back to it, Al had so much heat at the time maybe i was being too critical