Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
i've been fascinated with the art....so i walked into a class yesterday and signed up...never did it before but i plan to stick with it for the long haul...as a beginner what should i expect?.... @Mowgli

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Your abs and forearms are going to be sore as fukk. You're going to be surprised at what a guy half your size can do to you offensively. You will also have to realize that BJJ is a major mind game and that you'll have to keep your wits about you 110% of the time. You'll also find it extremely satisfying, but difficult if it's a good school.

If you tell women that you do it, it will make you irresistible to women 24/7. :mjpls: @Mowgli

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
i've been fascinated with the art....so i walked into a class yesterday and signed up...never did it before but i plan to stick with it for the long haul...as a beginner what should i expect?.... @Mowgli
What you can expect is to be humbled on a regular basis. If you arent then you dont have many high level belts at your academy. At this stage, you should be like water. Absorb everything the teacher is telling you. Its all useful. Dont fight with strength becuase you may get injured. Leave your pride outside the gym because if you take it into the gym you will get injured. People try to win so much that they end up bodying themselves triyng to prove to everyone that they cant get taken down. It doesnt matter. What matters most is losing so you can get wins. YOu must lose to win in BJJ otherwise you will never win. This doesnt make sense now but it will in time. Please ask this brown belt anything i am almost great.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your abs and forearms are going to be sore as fukk. You're going to be surprised at what a guy half your size can do to you offensively. You will also have to realize that BJJ is a major mind game and that you'll have to keep your wits about you 110% of the time. You'll also find it extremely satisfying, but difficult if it's a good school.

If you tell women that you do it, it will make you irresistible to women 24/7. :mjpls: @Mowgli

What if you're over 30 and you want to take some BJJ classes? Would that be a bad look from a physical standpoint....

I'm over 30 but I aint :flabbynsick:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you can expect is to be humbled on a regular basis. If you arent then you dont have many high level belts at your academy. At this stage, you should be like water. Absorb everything the teacher is telling you. Its all useful. Dont fight with strength becuase you may get injured. Leave your pride outside the gym because if you take it into the gym you will get injured. People try to win so much that they end up bodying themselves triyng to prove to everyone that they cant get taken down. It doesnt matter. What matters most is losing so you can get wins. YOu must lose to win in BJJ otherwise you will never win. This doesnt make sense now but it will in time. Please ask this brown belt anything i am almost great.

:blessed:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What if you're over 30 and you want to take some BJJ classes? Would that be a bad look from a physical standpoint....

I'm over 30 but I aint :flabbynsick:
Nope. Just remember that to win you have to lose. you cannot learn without tapping. You cannot advance without being swept and owned. Its a goat level art. We got 48 year old bruhs takin that bjj. Al Bundy is a BJJ blackbelt. its only a bad look to a weak ass loser friend whos jealous hes being surpassed physically..

LOUD

King Of All Kings
Daps
Reppin
Fashion Heavens
You sound like a fukkin clown. Brazillian Jiujitsu is the best. Crushes pure boxers. Boxers get crushed in mma. Evolve, grapple you fukkin bozo.
Why we grabbing men you clown throw ya shyts like a man and take a ass whooping
We grew up on slap boxing and fist fights