Breaking: Sub used to take people to see the the Titanic has gone missing (Update: RIP / Breh thinks the Titanic is in the Indian Ocean) )

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I want to see how much money the Titanic movie people made this week :russ:

This probably the most the Titanic has been talked about since it dropped and that was pre internet. James Cameron bytch ass doing EVERY interview he can this week. Seen this nicca on WZUP a lil while ago :mjlol:
So Martin Payne is back on the radio :ohhh:

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I think I read that the carbon fiber portion of the vehicle is possibly what failed. I just happened to see this video report this morning. Take note of what he says at 1:50

If I'm understanding correctly, the carbon fiber piece was integrated with the rest of the titanium instead of just using titanium which should be stronger. If that is the exact part that failed, this is like a capture of him mentioning what is going to doom it in the future
:lupe:

Also he kept mentioning Boeing and NASA like they were directly involved and they came out and said "we don't know this nikka" :pachaha:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Yo, I never knew this dude is was so fascinating :ohhh: I thought he just had a weird obsession with going underwater. Creh is a brilliant mind? I been binging all his interviews
Yea sound like knows his shyt ..I guess he damn near an expert in underwater diving from what I've read.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Screenshot-2023-06-23-11-37-07-59-1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

:ohhh: These guys got real-life THANOS Snapped.

:ohhh: Celine Dion was asked by Ryan Reynolds to do the theme for DEADPOOL 2 Called 'Ashes'.

:lupe: This is some spooky shyt.

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
Yeah saw that now after hearing more about it. Looks like they imploded early into the expedition. Cutting corners is insanity when dealing with such extreme conditions.
It was more than just cutting corners too. He was using a material that hasn't been proven effective under these conditions. James Cameron's sub is built from metal not carbon fiber.

Plus joining dissimilar materials is hard, it was carbon fiber and titanium joined. Which could be the problem too

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
So he built most of it with titanium but one piece with carbon fiber. I'm not a materials expert but I found this as far as differences in strength between the two and carbon fiber is 10x weaker than titanium. Granted they are referencing bikes, but they are talking about material vs material here:

Durability: Titanium frames are 10 times as strong and 10 times longer-lasting than carbon.
I feel the other families should sue his family for all the money they have. Dude was playing games with people's lives. If this was me, I would feel so much responsibility Ito do everything right if people are trusting their lives to me to take them on a hazardous trip. If it was just me, even though it's still stupid, I'm taking the risk. But once you're responsible for the safety of other people, better safe than sorry. This dude didn't give a fukk.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn the us navy knowing those ocean gate guys were fukked makes sense on why US officials told other nations not even to attempt to send resources to aid.
Nah. It’s the American way. Too much pride. The US accepting help from another country implies a lot of negative, helpless connotations.

The US government said no to the Canadians when they offered to help during hurricane Katrina. That gives you a sense of the personality of the spirit that governs this country.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was more than just cutting corners too. He was using a material that hasn't been proven effective under these conditions. James Cameron's sub is built from metal not carbon fiber.

Plus joining dissimilar materials is hard, it was carbon fiber and titanium joined. Which could be the problem too
All done to save money damn shame.

OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush says the company had been evaluating the potential of using a carbon fiber composite hull since 2010, primarily because it permits creation of a pressure vessel that is naturally buoyant and, therefore, would enable OceanGate to forgo the use — and the significant expense — of syntactic foam on its exterior. So, for Cyclops 2 OceanGate decided to avoid the metallic hull altogether and began a search for a manufacturer that could help it develop a composite hull.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Tell us more about others :damn:
Actors played their scenes at 33 feet (11 m), too shallow a depth for them to need decompression, and rarely stayed down for more than an hour at a time. Cameron and the 26-person underwater diving crew sank to 50 feet (17 m) and stayed down for five hours at a time. To avoid decompression sickness, they would have to hang from hoses halfway up the tank for as long as two hours, breathing pure oxygen.[10]

The cast and crew endured over six months of grueling six-day, 70-hour weeks on an isolated set. At one point, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio had a physical and emotional breakdown on the set and on another occasion, Ed Harris burst into spontaneous sobbing while driving home. Cameron himself admitted, "I knew this was going to be a hard shoot, but even I had no idea just how hard. I don't ever want to go through this again".[9]

The Abyss :wow:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Nah. It’s the American way. Too much pride. The US accepting help from another country implies a lot of negative, helpless connotations.

The US government said no to the Canadians when they offered to help during hurricane Katrina. That gives you a sense of the personality of the spirit that governs this country.
Also they don't want to reveal their technology and that they had devices that can listen and the capability.