Breaking: Sub used to take people to see the the Titanic has gone missing (Update: RIP / Breh thinks the Titanic is in the Indian Ocean) )

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Coast Guard heard the implosion Sunday...

Then still reported that shyt as "missing"

I know they were watching the rescue efforts like
giphy.gif

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Actors played their scenes at 33 feet (11 m), too shallow a depth for them to need decompression, and rarely stayed down for more than an hour at a time. Cameron and the 26-person underwater diving crew sank to 50 feet (17 m) and stayed down for five hours at a time. To avoid decompression sickness, they would have to hang from hoses halfway up the tank for as long as two hours, breathing pure oxygen.[10]

The cast and crew endured over six months of grueling six-day, 70-hour weeks on an isolated set. At one point, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio had a physical and emotional breakdown on the set and on another occasion, Ed Harris burst into spontaneous sobbing while driving home. Cameron himself admitted, "I knew this was going to be a hard shoot, but even I had no idea just how hard. I don't ever want to go through this again".[9]

The Abyss :wow:
I actually read Harris put hands on Cameron because he didn't stop shooting when he was running out of air.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
All done to save money damn shame.

OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush says the company had been evaluating the potential of using a carbon fiber composite hull since 2010, primarily because it permits creation of a pressure vessel that is naturally buoyant and, therefore, would enable OceanGate to forgo the use — and the significant expense — of syntactic foam on its exterior. So, for Cyclops 2 OceanGate decided to avoid the metallic hull altogether and began a search for a manufacturer that could help it develop a composite hull.
Been reading this shyt throughout the morning cause I've been nerding out. People who are like material engineers said he failed the basics of mechanical engineering as it relates to carbon fiber.

From what I gathered, carbon fiber is great for certain applications. It has great strength when talking about OUTWARD pressure and stresses. It's also great when maybe using it for a situation where the pressure and tension on the material isn't changing. Like if you're storing something at high pressure inside of a carbon fiber container where you're not going to see differences in pressures or tension on the material very often.

Those two things, make it the worse thing to use in an underwater vehicle. In that case, the pressure is from the outside and it's compressing inward which carbon fiber is not great at dealing with compared to other material. Also, as the vehicle goes down or up, it's constantly seeing a change of pressure. Not to mention he took this vehicle up and down a few times before which means each trip slowly made it more likely it will fail in the future. Also carbon fiber isnt as malleable as a lot of materials including other metals. So, it won't warp or deform before failure like say a metal or plastic would. That shyt is going to just explode into pieces without warning.

3:45 Carbon fiber and 5:15 for titanium.

That carbon fiber just cracked like glass once it reached its limit. The titanium bended quite a bit before failure and it took a shyt ton more pressure. It took that shyt like a champ.

I'm not a mechanical engineer and just basic Google searching tells me this dude fukked up.

Last edited:
Daps
So he built most of it with titanium but one piece with carbon fiber. I'm not a materials expert but I found this as far as differences in strength between the two and carbon fiber is 10x weaker than titanium. Granted they are referencing bikes, but they are talking about material vs material here:

I feel the other families should sue his family for all the money they have. Dude was playing games with people's lives. If this was me, I would feel so much responsibility Ito do everything right if people are trusting their lives to me to take them on a hazardous trip. If it was just me, even though it's still stupid, I'm taking the risk. But once you're responsible for the safety of other people, better safe than sorry. This dude didn't give a fukk.
They all signed the waiver that said death multiple times.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is just an incredible self own

Got served some Ether. But still wouldn't listen.
:wow:

Throughout the exchange, Mr Rush defended his qualifications and questioned the existing framework around deep sea expeditions.

He said "industry players" were trying to stop "new entrants from entering their small existing market".

"I am well qualified to understand the risks and issues associated with subsea exploration in a new vehicle," he wrote.

Mr McCallum then responded in stark terms, writing: "It will be sea trials that determine whether the vehicle can handle what you intend to do with it so again; take care and keep safe."

"There is a lot more riding on this than Titan and the Titanic," he said.

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got served some Ether. But still wouldn't listen.
:wow:

Throughout the exchange, Mr Rush defended his qualifications and questioned the existing framework around deep sea expeditions.

He said "industry players" were trying to stop "new entrants from entering their small existing market".

"I am well qualified to understand the risks and issues associated with subsea exploration in a new vehicle," he wrote.

Mr McCallum then responded in stark terms, writing: "It will be sea trials that determine whether the vehicle can handle what you intend to do with it so again; take care and keep safe."

"There is a lot more riding on this than Titan and the Titanic," he said.
like brehs in here have said, that was a cac that thought he knew it all

he didnt want to hire those 50 uear old white guys cuz they woulda told his dumb ass what he needed to hear, so he hired cheaper yes men instead

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah if the Navy already knew they wasted tons of resources, that’s probably why they never OK’d those British ships or other privately owned ships/subs to go out there and try to recover them. They already knew they were gone…

This was definitely a distraction for something. Media was eating this up too, with countdowns and everything else. Putting it on the first page of every news site, interviews with random people, etc.

What was important that happened last few days that they needed to distract people from?

They had a “oxygen countdown” with a pic of the sub like the covid cases during lockdown.

shyt was hilarious

:mjlol:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I’ve worked on film and tv sets, and heard he is a nightmare to work with on set. If someone’s phone goes off, he fires the person immediately, and staples their phone above the door under the exit sign.

:francis:

He is out there blowing up real shyt to get shots. He ain’t trying to risk a million dollar shot being fukked up because you can’t remember to silence your phone.

Last edited: