Brehs Every Election Year An Album Drops That Changes HipHop. What Will It Be In 16?

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
I think I disagree about the Marshall Mathers LP as well. Truth be told, Nelly's album probably had the biggest impact on the sound and further watering down of hip hop.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
A lot of new artists are Future clones....but if they are not a Future clone, they seem to be a Kendrick clone. It's like ying and yang. I think the reason you hear Future and that kind of music more is that it's better to dance/party to. No one is going to Drais in Vegas to hear J Cole talk about losing his virginity on a track.

Lemonade is going to be the album this year though. I don't see anyone toping it even if it is over hyped.
I see Cole ain't never living Wet Dreams down :russ: but what young cats are in that Kendrick-lite mold? Chance is doing something different, Joey also, that seems to be about it.

And I didn't listen to Lemonade so I wouldn't know. Did Bey get "conscious"?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I think I disagree about the Marshall Mathers LP as well. Truth be told, Nelly's album probably had the biggest impact on the sound and further watering down of hip hop.
I feel this too that album made Eminem's place in the game undeniable for himself but I don't remember a wave of music in that mold.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I see Cole ain't never living Wet Dreams down :russ: but what young cats are in that Kendrick-lite mold? Chance is doing something different, Joey also, that seems to be about it.

And I didn't listen to Lemonade so I wouldn't know. Did Bey get "conscious"?
Conscious doesn't mean good or long lasting

Beyoncé album won't be remembered

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
what did 808 and Heartbreaks change? don't tell me the autotune, nobody out here doing kanye autotune, nikkas doing the wayne influenced autotune.