Brehs, I would love your advice. pls help. PLEASE (story inside)

eternalpangs

Rookie
Daps
fukk. This is rough. Tell your aunts the truth you getting the Cinderella treatment.

Wait maybe not. Cause if your mom is really sick she's gonna need taking care of.

someone understands my dilemma. I have the possibility of literally breaking my family apart
Mom can't drive and has appointments at johns hopkins - literally 45 minutes away
can't work because shes blind in one eye, had a seziure behind the wheel (possibly)
mom doesnt go outside anymore and blames dad for everything

and yeah, step dad aint shyt, but she married him when she was the breadwinner and she was making 6 figs and he was making NOTHING
now the tables are turned, she hates him but depends on him
and thus, they dont talk to each other, and the house is falling apart

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
someone understands my dilemma. I have the possibility of literally breaking my family apart
Mom can't drive and has appointments at johns hopkins - literally 45 minutes away
can't work because shes blind in one eye, had a seziure behind the wheel (possibly)

and yeah, step dad aint shyt, but she married him when she was the breadwinner and she was making 6 figs and he was making NOTHING
Your aunties can't take care of her?

eternalpangs

Rookie
Daps
You might not believe me.... but there's a lot of black children in America that need what your family did for you.

I mean, it's harsh, kinda terrible but look at you: you have both the drive and acumen to succeed in life.

You literally could go to med school of you really wanted to.

I can't tell you how many American black ppl that I know that want to go to med school and can't pass the test or even fail the classes. They really want to do it bit they just don't have the drive they need to succeed

So while your parents may be harsh and you may have a tough family, you are mentally able to do anything that you put your mind to, because a certain discipline and drive has been instilled in you at a young age.

It reminds me of how black families used to be back in the day. Look at Michael Jackson for instance: his dad would beat the hell out of him and his brothers, and he was a strict disciplinarian.

But what he did instilled in his son the drive to succeed and the sheer will to be the best

It might not seem like it, but you have a lot to be thankful for.

:camby:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.

Where's your bio dad?

eternalpangs

Rookie
Daps
Your aunties can't take care of her?

This is actually a possibility. I have 2 sets of aunts, the ones in the US and the british ones
the aunts in the US are married into the family by uncles (her brothers, she has 2 - the one who beat my ass and the one who i'm extremely cool with, I've grown up w both virtually since birth)
however they're HEAVILY involved with their own jobs and mom is stubborn and bitter as holy hell.
I love her to death but I feel like alot of her problems are self inflicted. She was smart as hell but always tried to show out for others. 'tis the nigerian way.

The aunts in britian could probably take care of her - they're her sisters.
However she is on research medications rn and she needs to be close to her hospital at all times.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Different story, but they connect:

The following summer, I had the wonderful opportunity to get an internship on the west coast. They gave me 5.5k payment (for 3 months), plus room, board, and food,and travel included (I had a beautiful cabin on the hillside, that I loved). I had a wonderful time, but They paid me on a prepaid card instead of sending checks. I was in the rocky mountains and I didn't know how reliable the mail system was. So I had the prepaid card sent to my house (on the easy coast) and I just asked my dad to transfer 1 grand so I can last for the summer (I didn't need much to survive anyway).

I come back home 3 months later to a card with $500. My dad said he "needed to pay the mortgage" and that he would pay me back. I was heated but their wasn't shyt I could do about it - my mother married this man and I have to respect him. In addition, hes the one really taking care of my mom right now, but I think my mom hates him. Very dysfunctional relationship - but my mother doesnt believe in divorce.

I also promised my dad that I wouldnt tell anyone that he took the money. and I was broke that whole semester.
---------------

These two reasons (stories) are why I don't go home often, and why I dont even bother calling my house at times.

Fast forward to today (or the last three months, per say). My aunts are british nigerian (living in england rn) and they both HATE my stepfather. In fact, my stepfather literally ceased contact with them and neither my mom or my dad will answer their calls.

Now my aunt (lets call her aunt G) is trying to see whats up on my end - and she wants to find out whats going on.

Coli brehs, this is where I need your advice. What should I do?

My aunts in britian are very well off and are trying to come see their sister (my mom). However, I haven't told them ANYTHING that has happened within the past few years.
If I tell them what the men in my family did to me, they will FLIP.

However, thats not what I want. If they figure out that my stepdad took money from me, he will never hear the end of it, and my leave my mother and 2 children. I just dont want anymore friction than their already is.

I'm just trying to graduate and find my way, but I feel like after they beat my ass., I dont even care about going home anymore. I'm fine where I am.

So, final question is, should I tell my aunts what happened to me?

Your grown....grow up...you want to snitch on some im gonna get you back and tell my aunties on you. Focus on your life and let them live theirs.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Long gone, and maybe for the better
i'm starting to have an inkling that my mom has a shyt taste in men. and they have kids so it makes it more complicated
Your mom does have shyt taste in men it seems. She the independent type? Dominering? Sounds like my mum. Anyway. I'd actually try to connect with pops. You never know what the specter of death can bring. You could use the advice. Though if he cares about you he may kill your uncle.

eternalpangs

Rookie
Daps
Your mom does have shyt taste in men it seems. She the independent type? Dominering? Sounds like my mum. Anyway. I'd actually try to connect with pops. You never know what the specter of death can bring. You could use the advice. Though if he cares about you he may kill your uncle.

extremely independent ! and so headstrong....to her detriment.

Connecting w pops is not possible, nor do I want to.
He does not care. Believe me