Brittney Grinner, Ray Rice of the WNBA, tries to assuage the beatings

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So domestic violence is ok if you're not that famous. Got it.

it's will never be an issue same-sex or female on male....socially. legally women get arrested too cause almost half the time when a woman calls to police she started something and left marks on a man and felt he is suppose to take abuse from her, lol.

reminds me of corey holcomb show when the spanish broad said her mother use to punch her father all the time and he never did anything back in front of the kids. a culture is being put out that a woman can run a man physically w/o penalty and that is not realistic. there is a level or respect that both parties need to maintain....and half of women think it doesn't apply to them.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
The WNBA response wasn't the same as the NFL's.

90982382-football-fans-stream-past-people-protesting-the-nfl-re.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

cycle_of_abuse-298x207.png

mariska-hartigay-domestic-violence-psa.jpg

NoMore300x250.jpg

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Griner may not be receiving the scrutiny of ray rice but she also doesn't receive anything close to the benefits of attention and money that male superstar athletes receive

So the bouble standard soent really work in her favor when you account for all aspects of the situation

I call BS on this...Grinner been the face of womans basketball since college. i would say she was more well know in college than now....

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Wait so you want people to be as outraged about this as they would a man beating a woman? :dahell:

how exactly is this case any different? domestic abuse is domestic abuse. not to mention the fact that Griner is 6'8 and 200lb :merchant: she would beat the shyt out of most men :pachaha:

the media however is basically saying that it is okay for athletes like Hope Solo and Brittney Griner to physically abuse others and we all should turn a blind eye.

Daps
I call BS on this...Grinner been the face of womans basketball since college. i would say she was more well know in college than now....

No the point im making is that the last few week s is the most I havve seen people on the coli post about Griner
.The national news media basically doesn’t give a shyt about most women’s sports stars unless something bad happens or it can be made into stories about men. so how is that different from Beedle making the story about herself and singling out only certain abusers I dont agree with singular focus on Mayweather but the answer to that isnt to go all michelle Beedle on Griner.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
You think all feminists who protested against Ray Rice actually care about the NFL? :heh:

they don't care bout the NFL. but the NFL is an extremely visible league, so by protesting that, only gets their cause out to a much larger audience. they aint' gonna protest the WNBA because like I said, no one gives a shyt.