Brittney Grinner, Ray Rice of the WNBA, tries to assuage the beatings

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
tumblr_lqhhtxbvHM1qdajm7o3_250.gif
:mjlol::deadmanny:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
They're torn because they're pro LGBT rights and they don't want to point out how women are just as capable of domestic violence. Stats have shown that lesbian relationships have just as big of a problem with domestic violence as heterosexual ones.
Didn't Tameka Holdsclaw get arrested for domestic violence a few years back?

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Didn't Tameka Holdsclaw get arrested for domestic violence a few years back?

Atlanta police issued an arrest warrant for Holdsclaw on November 15, 2012 after Holdsclaw allegedly attacked her ex-girlfriend's car with a baseball bat and shot at the car. The owner of the car, fellow WNBA player Jennifer Lacy, was uninjured. It was announced on February 27, 2013, that Holdsclaw was being indicted for the November shooting in Atlanta. It is a six-count indictment charging her with aggravated assault, criminal damage and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. Holdsclaw was released from jail after posting a $100,000 bond and a court date was not set.

Holdsclaw pleaded guilty June 14, 2013 to aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony and other charges. She was sentenced to three years' probation and ordered to perform 120 hours of community service and pay a $3,000 fine under the plea agreement. Holdsclaw's attorney Ed Garland said his client "felt that to honestly accept what her actions were was best for everyone concerned."

:smh: She's claimed she suffers from depression.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
No the point im making is that the last few week s is the most I havve seen people on the coli post about Griner
.The national news media basically doesn’t give a shyt about most women’s sports stars unless something bad happens or it can be made into stories about men. so how is that different from Beedle making the story about herself and singling out only certain abusers I dont agree with singular focus on Mayweather but the answer to that isnt to go all michelle Beedle on Griner.
who was talking about ray rice before the elevator

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Domestic violence is just as, if not MORE prevalent in lesbian communities, but it won't be brought up because it doesn't fit in with the agenda of men oppressing women... just like you don't hear feminists screaming for equality when women make out like bandits in divorce court or get lighter prison sentences.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Brittney Griner and Glory Johnson got married over the weekend, becoming the rare couple from one professional sports league. Griner took to social media to share the news and a photo (above). It was her first social-media post since she and Johnson were arrested for alleged domestic violence in April.
On Instagram she emoted about the wedding:

I don't care if the the world was ending at this moment! Nothing could of kept me from my wife I think I cried the whole day until I saw her walking down that isle. Then in a instant I was calm and full of love and all the tears turned into huge smiles and a joy that no one can explain unless you have found and married your soulmate. I love you so much my beautiful Wife @missvol25

On Twitter, Griner quoted Ernest Hemingway in an obvious response to the arrest that shook the WNBA three weeks earlier:
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places."

The WNBA has not yet taken any action against the players after their arrest. Whatever that might be, it looks like the couple will be facing it together as newlyweds. We wish them the best of luck and a long marriage.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...s-to-her-new-wife/ar-BBjDg7u?ocid=mailsignout

Well, that's that. Just waiting for the next beat down, arrest and social media apology. :russ:
Bet the author would have been fired if they had said the smae about Ray Rice and his wife. :sas2:

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there's also not a black male face to attach to the problem, this doesn't fit the prevailing narrative

HOWEVER

trust and believe if Brittney Griner's gf was a cave becky we would be hearing a LOT more about it

sure, but where are the black twitter feminists? they say their main concern is safety of black women, well? whats their excuse? if it was a black man you know damn well they would have been up on that and rightfully so. one problem with a lot of activists groups is they are never consistent, which is why its hard to wholly support them. they got a story to tell, and only incidents that support that narrative are given attention.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
the reason there is no outrage is cuz NOBODY really cares about domestic violence:manny:
Fixed that for you. Women don't even really care about domestic violence which is why they are silent on the Griner issue as well. The truth is that domestic violence is really a private matter between the people involved, those that love them, and the authorities if the people choose to involve them.