Can a case be made that DMX is better than Nas?

Is DMX a better rapper than Nas

• Yes

Votes: 54 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 275 83.6%

• Total voters

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
What's funny is....if you ask the average person on the street who is better between Nas or DMX they will say Nas without question even if they never even heard illmatic, or can spit 1 Nas quote.... It's just a thing to say "Nas is one of the greatest".... sorta like how any kid you ask who's the best rappers they'll just say Biggie,Pac, and Jay... even though they are like 14 years old and don't know shyt about Big or Pac.
:russ:

Also you gotta realize, this generation only knows DMX as a drug addict... So it is what it is. :francis::yeshrug:

I'm not giving an opinion to the question though, because they are both great in their own right.

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What's funny is....if you ask the average person on the street who is better between Nas or DMX they will say Nas without question even if they never even heard illmatic, or can spit 1 Nas quote.... It's just a thing to say "Nas is one of the greatest".... sorta like how any kid you ask who's the best rappers they'll just say Biggie,Pac, and Jay... even though they are like 14 years old and don't know shyt about Big or Pac.
:russ:

Also you gotta realize, this generation only knows DMX as a drug addict... So it is what it is. :francis::yeshrug:

I'm not giving an opinion to the question though, because they are both great in their own right.
I think that speaks more to how people view Nas music more than anything. This isn't a slant against nas but people automatically proclaiming you the GOAT when they can't even recite a favorite song or verse hmmm who knows? maybe there not hip hop fans or just maybe just maybe they've brainwashed to like nas

I heard an X song played at an EDM club the other night. DJ remixed the fukk of "hows it going"... also heard X on rick & morty. Haven't heard much nas maybe i'm hanging in the wrong circles

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
And Then There Was X was dope but not classic. I really wish X didn't get rid of Dame Grease as his main producer.
Says who? I used to bump that shyt front to back and it performed like a classic more than any Nas album (including BOREmatic)
It's X highest selling album
What these bytches want
What's my name
Party up
are all classic singles that everyone were bumping.

On the low Illmatic aint really a classic,it flopped in real time.
Singles didnt mean much either
X came out the gate blazing without being prematurely crowned by a bias magazine.

See anyone can call an album classic. You think Illmatic is classic cause you like it that much (and it's been talked up in media),i dont

I think And then there was X is classic,not just cause of how much i like it ,but what it meant in real time while i was doing it's run.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Says who? I used to bump that shyt front to back and it performed like a classic more than any Nas album (including BOREmatic)
It's X highest selling album
What these bytches want
What's my name
Party up
are all classic singles that everyone were bumping.

On the low Illmatic aint really a classic,it flopped in real time.
Singles didnt mean much either
X came out the gate blazing without being prematurely crowned by a bias magazine.

See anyone can call an album classic. You think Illmatic is classic cause you like it that much (and it's been talked up in media),i dont

I think And then there was X is classic,not just cause of how much i like it ,but what it meant in real time while i was doing it's run.
Son. U couldn't tell me shyt about X at one point. I had ALL his shyt. Unreleased, freestyles. Everything. Went to his classic tours. Hard Knock Life and Ruff Ryder's/Cash Money. But Nah. It's a great album. But it's when X was becoming all bark and aggression and losing his creativity and storytelling.. He put Swizz on main production. And got rid of Dame Grease. shyt had bangers yes. It was a really good album yes. I remember everything about the day I got it. But I don't feel like it was a classic. And u have the nerve to be saying what u saying to me and then turn around and say Illmatic ain't a classic. It's ridiculous bruh. Lol. And no. I'm not getting dragged into another Illmatic argument cause there's nothing for me to argue about.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Yes it would. Dying early always helps in hip hop because nobody seen the fall off
It would of helped but not enough to put him over them. Not only that. In particular,pac had quality work coming out years after his death. X wouldnt have had enough to combat that at all.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Cut this shyt out BTW,swizz made most the big hits ,not that nikka
fukk a hit. Dame Grease is the production that got people to love X in he first place. Swizz had ONE song on IDAHIH. And it wasn't the best song by far. Dame Grease gave X that moody shyt. Gave him his vibe.