Can a case be made that DMX is better than Nas?

Is DMX a better rapper than Nas

• Yes

Votes: 54 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 275 83.6%

• Total voters

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

:picard:

Reminded me of how uzi was tearing it up a cochella 2017. shirt off, white faces reciting lyrics in the crowd... gawddd damn the dualities:mjcry:

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Son. U couldn't tell me shyt about X at one point. I had ALL his shyt. Unreleased, freestyles. Everything. Went to his classic tours. Hard Knock Life and Ruff Ryder's/Cash Money. But Nah. It's a great album. But it's when X was becoming all bark and aggression and losing his creativity and storytelling.. He put Swizz on main production. And got rid of Dame Grease. shyt had bangers yes. It was a really good album yes. I remember everything about the day I got it. But I don't feel like it was a classic. And u have the nerve to be saying what u saying to me and then turn around and say Illmatic ain't a classic. It's ridiculous bruh. Lol. And no. I'm not getting dragged into another Illmatic argument cause there's nothing for me to argue about.
Like i said we can feel how we feel but what album did what?
and we both know the answer.
illmatic flopped And then there was X flew off shelves and had mega hits.
Dame grease aint shyt btw

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Like i said we can feel how we feel but what album did what?
and we both know the answer.
illmatic flopped And then there was X flew off shelves and had mega hits.
Dame grease aint shyt btw
Yea yea yea. U can count the album sales all u want. I'm not into all that shyt. Leave that for the casuals. In hip hop circles. Instant classic. Can't give me one legend that feels opposite. And I know quite a few personally. Even the GOAT Pac feels that way.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
fukk a hit. Dame Grease is the production that got people to love X in he first place. Swizz had ONE song on IDAHIH. And it wasn't the best song by far. Dame Grease gave X that moody shyt. Gave him his vibe.
Lol,no dame grease joints could have took him where RR anthem did.
His beats never were all that. Swizz backdrops and X's greatness blew up RR,not that nikka

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
A large opinion on Nas is that he has only 1 classic and that's illmatic and that's fine.. can't remember hearing a song played from those albums anywhere

Are you saying nas has 4 classic albums?
This is where being young and not understanding context gets you in trouble. There is not a large opinion that Nas only has one classic album. That opinion is only held by super duper hip hop purists. Those people will tell you that X has zero classic albums due to the production shift.
In reality, IWW was held in high regard in real time outside of the contingent of purists. It's undoubtedly a classic.

I would give him three albums. The first two and Stillmatic. If you want to count Lost tapes then that's classic too.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
fukk a hit. Dame Grease is the production that got people to love X in he first place. Swizz had ONE song on IDAHIH. And it wasn't the best song by far. Dame Grease gave X that moody shyt. Gave him his vibe.
Can't give up your masters and whatever else to a major then say fukk a hit. That's what this game is about

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah it's case to be made honestly. Dmx has one classic. And arguable one. I would put every nas album over any other X song.

Illmatic>idhh>iww>stillmatic>flesh of my flesh

Every other nas album is better than any X album.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Can't give up your masters and whatever else to a major then say fukk a hit. That's what this game is about
Son. I'm talking about the MUSIC my nikka. As a fan we don't spend their money. U being a PAC fan like me should understand this. Any die hard X fan knows IDAHIH is his best album MUSICALLY no question. And that's Dame Grease.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
This is where being young and not understanding context gets you in trouble. There is not a large opinion that Nas only has one classic album. That opinion is only held by super duper hip hop purists. Those people will tell you that X has zero classic albums due to the production shift.
In reality, IWW was held in high regard in real time outside of the contingent of purists. It's undoubtedly a classic.

I would give him three albums. The first two and Stillmatic. If you want to count Lost tapes then that's classic too.
This is all facts.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Cut this shyt out BTW,swizz made most the big hits ,not that nikka
Dame grease and p killer made dmxs best beats. Swizz just made the hits and even those some of em you'd be surprised he didn't produce. Swizzs best dmx work was on flesh of my flesh that's where he produced more then just hits other then that swizz beatz is good but his shyts so repititive and most times different beats sound almost exactly the same as other beats. shyt is disgusting :scust:

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Sounds like typical ageism BS to me. I go outside, I move around, listen to lots of music & talk with lots of people. DMX is a more familiar artist to folks who don't even like hip hop music and he's just as much as a recluse as Nas is.

C'mon son people do not discuss IWW & stillmatic in the same regard as they do illmatic...illmatic is the booths favorite album for a reason... and maybe a production shift is what nas needed in order for more people to enjoy his music... X seemed raw, fun, honest as opposed to Nas who just took himself too serious