Can someone explain why iPhone is deemed worthy over the Galaxy?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I started using Galaxy way back because the iphone was way too small. It took them years to make a bigger phone and that's when they really started making it a status symbol.

But I don't get how it's a status symbol when they are both the same price and Galaxy has way more features than a iphone.

Galaxy has everything and more than an iphone. The only thing I heard iphone does different is give you the same color text messages for bird bytches to be happy.

How did they become a status symbol when it took them years to make a decent size phone and the phones cost the same?

Because it’s Apple!

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got my first iPhone (XS) last yr after being Samsung since the S4. I said I would use it til the S10+ and probably switch back. Just wanted to experience it so I could be accurate next time an Apple nikka tried to talk crazy and I had to retort. Only thing that would be really hard to give up is iMessage and AirDrop :sadcam: I miss some of those Samsung features tho :mjcry: plus google home don’t hit the same with iPhone. fukk weak ass Siri too :damn:

Darth Bane

Rookie
Daps
Mainly perception and the initial flooding market of below average Android phones. People may have dipped their toe in the Android pool and got a ZTE piece of shyt or something of the like and swore never to try Android again. When I say perception people just associate Apple with money. If you have an iPhone you can afford the best things in life, which in the case of the Galaxy phones, isn't the case.
The iPhones are a simple phone for the masses, but the Galaxy series over the past few years have been one of the most innovative phone manufacturers. Apple takes these ideas and includes them into their phones and the majority of people think they're geniuses. But anyone that knows better knows Apple has been biting on the Galaxy series for a while now. IP68 water and dust resistance, edge to edge infinity display, wireless charging, and other software items like facial recognition.
Apple has been lagging behind the smartphone curve since Steve Jobs died and Tom Cook just tries to incorporate things that are hot in other devices into his. With the S10 being announced I wouldn't be surprised if it has an on screen fingerprint scanner, beefier battery, and something similar to the battery sharing the S10 has.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Apple makes a solid product to me. It's not "fancy", but it gets the job done. If you want bunch of features and widgets, go with an Android, but you won't be able to keep old phones long after upgrades like you can with Apple without a significant impact on performance.

End thread

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
picture me running to the apple store to set up an appointment to get my phone fixed...store looks like an empty museum with a bunch of fake experts standing around empty tables...apple culture as a whole is bunch of fluff
I have Samsung

It's better than shipping your phone

I'd rather just go to apple and deal with it

Samsung customer service sucks

And I have s9

I'm switching to apple

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Iphone
:ohlawd:

wat6rr.jpg

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
As someone who has had both, it comes down to preference. I like both, and I'm tempted to go back to Android. You just have more freedom with what you can do with your phone. Apple on the other hands curates the experience you have with the iPhone. Which is not a bad thing, and the trade off is that they are pretty reliable. All of the Androids I had all started to slow down and lagged after maybe two years. I got the iPhone 7 Plus when it came out and it's still going strong.

Coco Loco

The Chocolate One with the Gold Cuffs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Because people think everything Apple makes is better. I've had both, I definitely prefer the iPhone. :hubie: