Career Profiles: Supply Chain

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Of bat, yeah...but it depends on the market too. NYC, Bay area, you can probably get that.

You could get an analyst job making 75k give or take, or a warehouse supervisor job making 65k give or take. If you have a connect, that could be a game-changer.
I have an interview for an analyst job tomorrow. I'm nervous because I have no SQL experience.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
i can’t get one fukking internship and im watching all my friends and enemies surpass me.

i wasted my time trying to “lay low then surprise them.” my ego told me i could redeem myself from being slept on and get the ball rolling on my own. instead ive wasted my “fun” “young nikka” years in depression and social/professional/academic mediocrity.

how can i use my upcoming shytty business management degree that i wasted all this time achieving with barely any experience and no internship?

probably sent out like 70 applications. where’s the links to the other threads you made breh?

morris

Superstar
Daps
Can you explain this, no advancement opportunities in Supply Chain?
Can't say in the Supply Chain but instead within the subset of the company.
Project Manager positions
Trainer position
CSM positions

They had trajectories like LV2 Support>then QA>then Vendor Client Manager, even if you had skills for other positions (they hired externally). And their internal application for employees was the worst. Hard to navigate and no feedback. At all. Ever.)

morris

Superstar
Daps
i can’t get one fukking internship and im watching all my friends and enemies surpass me.

i wasted my time trying to “lay low then surprise them.” my ego told me i could redeem myself from being slept on and get the ball rolling on my own. instead ive wasted my “fun” “young nikka” years in depression and social/professional/academic mediocrity.

how can i use my upcoming shytty business management degree that i wasted all this time achieving with barely any experience and no internship?

probably sent out like 70 applications. where’s the links to the other threads you made breh?
You might have to humble yourself and take a Support position. What position did you want/see your friends-enemies get? How'd they get them?

My university GPA was low and I got a shytty internship that paid $0 but did count toward credits=my degree; this was more than a decade ago so things have changed. After that got a job as a Reporter...quit that in a matter of months then got a Support position for a Checking spot. I left that many years ago but a few friends are still there and have moved way up (place was in FL)

africngiant

All Star
Daps
You might have to humble yourself and take a Support position. What position did you want/see your friends-enemies get? How'd they get them?

My university GPA was low and I got a shytty internship that paid $0 but did count toward credits=my degree; this was more than a decade ago so things have changed. After that got a job as a Reporter...quit that in a matter of months then got a Support position for a Checking spot. I left that many years ago but a few friends are still there and have moved way up (place was in FL)
i even asked to volunteer at my school’s financial aid office for free low hours but she kept lying to me saying “we would keep in contact,” and “check your email.” after nothing, i follow up later and she says the same thing again smh. i mainly want to work in financial services or underwriting

i went into school thinking i would get a decent job right out of graduation when i have people back home getting counseling jobs with no degree. ironic positions to have when they did me wrong but now they look after mentally ill patients wtf

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Keep going.

Soemtimes more minute details make it easier for others to see the vaule of it.

Maybe you can contribute to my thread which is way more general

like morris says keep going, if not to document these ideas, unless you have another blog where you encourage brehs to see your line of work and thinking

Damn, I was looking forward to the Education thread. :mjcry:

That's the kinda thread that changes lives tho. Even if one breh got something out of it, it was worth it.
I can re-engage it. Problem is, I wanted this to be a collaborative effort. I don't know the other industries very well, and I tried to DM a couple folks who have experience there and their access or DM capabilities were restricted. So because this didn't get popular enough for me to find out who else had experience, it was kind of dead in the water.

I'll try to re-engage, because it was never about daps or platinum threads. It low-key emerged because I was kind of frustrated it took me as long to get to where I am at and I feel like other folks could benefit from having someone to reach out to and bounce questions off of.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
I graduated with a supply chain degree and was fortunate enough to get experience in manufacturing, distribution, warehousing/logistics, and retail before moving to sourcing and procurement where I’ve been for 7 out of 11 years of my career.

The term supply chain is so broad that there are endless opportunities, it’s just a matter of what you actually want to do in the end.

Like personally I’m good on warehousing and materials management but I love sourcing.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

Haven't made other threads because the interest wasn't there. Send me your resume. I'll try to tell you how to frame things to help out.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I graduated with a supply chain degree and was fortunate enough to get experience in manufacturing, distribution, warehousing/logistics, and retail before moving to sourcing and procurement where I’ve been for 7 out of 11 years of my career.

The term supply chain is so broad that there are endless opportunities, it’s just a matter of what you actually want to do in the end.

Like personally I’m good on warehousing and materials management but I love sourcing.

Feel free to contribute your path using the template i made. I'm interested if nothing else.

DonFrancisco

Your Favorite Tio!
Daps
Reppin
Sabado Gigante
My take working in Cardinal Health:

1) A lot of bullshyt politics. The good good thing is that you learn to weave through politics and sharpen your soft skills especially in project management. I got thrown into a bad environment and situation. Got demoted but worked my way back the good graces of building management to creating and running projects (emphasis and A3 projects)

2) working in inventory control was a blessing in disguise. I ended up learning SQL and went home to reverse engineer existing code. It was the best way to learn SQL. They management team allowed me to create dashboards and tools for all inventory control to reduce man-hours. I used that to get a SQL heavy job and I'm in an entry level tech job.

My main point is that supply chain is a great entry level, even at a floor level. You will learn and experience a lot (good and bad). It can be a great way to pivot to other careers or companies.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
@Charles Foster Breh

My Dad has been working at the Home Depot Warehouse for about 9 years. Should've been supervisor but they won't give it to him. It's folks he's trained that were promoted to Supervisor, meanwhile he's stuck working the weekends.

Do you have any connections in your line of work where I can point him to a better company that will give him a better opportunity?