mykey

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Chinese economy to overtake US 'by 2028' due to Covid

• 26 December 2020
_116266495_gettyimages-1230285655.jpg

China is the only major global economy that will have expanded in

China will overtake the US to become the world's largest economy by 2028, five years earlier than previously forecast, a report says.

The UK-based Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) said China's "skilful" management of Covid-19 would boost its relative growth compared to the US and Europe in coming years.

Meanwhile India is tipped to become the third largest economy by 2030.

Although China was the first country hit by Covid-19, it controlled the disease through swift and extremely strict action, meaning it did not need to repeat economically paralysing lockdowns as European countries have done.

As a result, unlike other major economies, it has avoided an economic recession in 2020 and is in fact estimated to see growth of 2% this year.

The US economy, by contrast, has been hit hard by the world's worst coronavirus epidemic in terms of sheer numbers. More than 330,000 people have died in the US and there have been some 18.5 million confirmed cases.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Its what they planned. Chess not checkers.

A world led by the Chinese will be fukking mental i mean just look at them. Fun times ahead.
I don't think they planned COVID but they did what they needed to do to capitalize off of it. A hard lockdown at the beginning would've deaded this.

That being said this is just a prediction. China doesn't want to lead it wants to exploit. (The west does too but they how to cover it up a little bit) The west and the global south will work together to slow down China's growth or to pump up american growth.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
what does it even mean for the average american, for us to go from first to second :heh: absolutely nothing

why would my life change because of this? i dont give a fukk

they can have "number 1" status while they're making 3 bucks an hour at the iphone factory :huhldup:

This is the main reason why even if they briefly took over number 1 status they'd lose it. America's number 1 because of innovation. Iphones were deleveped in California. If the people have their currency manipulated so they they can make shyt to sell to the west that they can't afford the idea will always be to follow and copy and never lead.