City of Philadelphia will pay parents to drive kids to school due to bus driver shortage

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
I may be mistaken but I read somewhere last week that the national bus driver salary is $42,000. $42,000 to the person responsible for the person responsible to not drive your kids off of a cliff.

There’s a public bus driver shortage too but I couldn’t imagine driving some bad ass kids all day

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Honestly along with teacher, its a job i wouldnt do for nothing in the world, just off the my experiences being on the bus during middle and high school. Bad ass kids will make it hell.
My wife has been teaching for 7 years now and won’t give it up. She’s working on her masters to become a guidance counselor to get out of the classroom, but honestly the kids aren’t the worst part it’s the sorry ass parents that make it miserable.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I may be mistaken but I read somewhere last week that the national bus driver salary is $42,000. $42,000 to the person responsible for the person responsible to not drive your kids off of a cliff.

There’s a public bus driver shortage too but I couldn’t imagine driving some bad ass kids all day
shyt they only make like 14 an hour around here.

Daps
School bus drivers usually don’t work an 8 hour shift. It’s 6 or so hours a day. It’s a very important job though. They should have food pay and benefits, too many instances of drivers having heart attacks or strokes while driving or being under the influence.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Dude, I swear I thought the city was going to be on some futuristic shyt with Michael Nutter. Dude legit turned Philly into NYC with a Transpass. It just blows my head that one minute you see somewhat clean streets, lower crime, and etc to skidrow Kenzo, failing schools, New Jersey Drive fukkery, and so forth.

Years ago, Mayfair was like the closest folks are going to get to East Falls levels of living, nowadays, I see more folks getting killed out there than anywhere else.

I agree bro. I always knew the mayor now was ass bro. The thing about Philly is that they been voting democrat for decades and its getting worse and worse. I hate republicans but on a city level they are good for developing. Mayor Ed Rendall was a republican hiding as a democrat and he changed this city for the better. The crazy thing is its more money in the city since ever before

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I agree bro. I always knew the mayor now was ass bro. The thing about Philly is that they been voting democrat for decades and its getting worse and worse. I hate republicans but on a city level they are good for developing. Mayor Ed Rendall was a republican hiding as a democrat and he changed this city for the better. The crazy thing its more money in the city since ever before

I actually remember meeting with Nutter around the time he was getting into office. I was interning for this tax program, and he wanted to meet with the staff. Of course, my damn supervisor at the time mispronounced my name introducing me to the Mayor, but I shook his hand and we took a group picture. One of the best memories I had in the city since the matefest of 2003 :ehh: .

But yeah, low key Rendall and Nutter knew the game despite their :mjpls:policies. shyt, John Street damn near had blocks on some anything goes type of shyt. I still remember that time of when that politician was about to jump from City Hall because he got caught up with the corruption case with Street.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Country going down hill

Shortage of teachers, bus drivers, crossing guards, police officers all of major big cities

Reason = Pay

Also a lot of motherfukkers too busy wanting to be influencers online
Pay isn’t the reason. $45K+benefits+potential OT (field trips, sports, after school, weather related issues) is decent in a city with Philly cost of living. If they raised it to $65K people still wouldn’t do it. They only work like 6 hours early morning and afternoon nothing mid-day.

Oakland can’t get 911 dispatchers it’s a 6 figure position starting.

No college degree needed, no work experience needed for these jobs.

People just aren’t stepping up. There’s dudes with no motion broke who won’t apply to these jobs.

Last edited:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly along with teacher, its a job i wouldnt do for nothing in the world, just off the my experiences being on the bus during middle and high school. Bad ass kids will make it hell.

People think a higher wage is the answer when it isn't. You can't put a price tag on the mental toll bad a$$ kids and pieces of sh*t parents put on teachers, bus drivers and anyone else that has to deal with them.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships