• osu sucks

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Do you believe that civil war was as good as starwars episodes 4, 6?
It's not a fair comparison those movies have had the opportunity to age, gain their cult/nostalgia status, etc. CW came out last year.
But personally I say Ep 6 > CW > Ep 4. But really it's splitting hairs they are all great fantasy fun.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
It's not a fair comparison those movies have had the opportunity to age, gain their cult/nostalgia status, etc. CW came out last year.
But personally I say Ep 6 > CW > Ep 4. But really it's splitting hairs they are all great fantasy fun.

Star Wars is a better film than Civil War and I'm not even taking it's contextual status into account. Nostalgia has little to do with it.

The story is better, the characters are better, the visuals and aesthetic is better, the music is better, the dialogue is better... etc.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Star Wars is a better film than Civil War and I'm not even taking it's contextual status into account. Nostalgia has little to do with it.

The story is better, the characters are better, the visuals and aesthetic is better, the music is better, the dialogue is better... etc.
No the visuals are not better and action wise it aged terribly. And characters/acting, I disagree as well.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Idk about the dialogue cause Lucas' pen is type questionable lol but everything else yes. Especially the action and music and just the craft behind it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
civil war was a good time but it was brought down by it's shameless pandering and universe building.

black panther and spiderman are only in the movie because marvel wanted to kickstart their solo franchises. plot-wise there's no reason for them to be in the movie. granted they weaved in black panther with some taste... but the introduction of spidey was kinda insulting.

granted it made for a fun action scene.

There's no reason for Spider-Man to be there at all. The entire movie just stops to shoehorn him into the movie and his presence runs counter to Tony's entire motivation. He feels guilt for getting a kid killed so he endangers another kid? :dahell:

I don't see how you can say with a straight face that Black Panther had no reason to be there. Wakaknda was backing the Sokovia accords, Wakandans died during the incident in Lagos, and the fukking King was assassinated when the accords were being ratified.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I..... guess.

As a comic fan, CW and Winter Soldier will leave you :gladbron:

But in an era of no spoilers? Empire Strikes Back left scars on many a first watcher's soul. ROTJ, folks went back for closure like watch an abusive ex get jail time.

Then complained about fukking ewoks.

I swear folks entire perception of the Star Wars saga is fukking warped by nostalgia. I love the original trilogy, but not so much that I'll ignore all the flaws.

fukking Leia had an terrible British accent in one scene and then it just disappears. The entire "Luke and Leia are brother and sister" thing was CLEARLY added after the fact, because Luke was downright lusting over Leia in the first film. Star Wars is arguably the most influential franchise of all time, but people go out of their way ignore all the nonsensical shyt in those movies.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I swear folks entire perception of the Star Wars saga is fukking warped by nostalgia. I love the original trilogy, but not so much that I'll ignore all the flaws.

fukking Leia had an terrible British accent in one scene and then it just disappears. The entire "Luke and Leia are brother and sister" thing was CLEARLY added after the fact, because Luke was downright lusting over Leia in the first film. Star Wars is arguably the most influential franchise of all time, but people go out of their way ignore all the nonsensical shyt in those movies.

But that's the thing, though.

I don't think folks complained til like YEARS later.

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I’d put it above the Star Wars prequels and The Force Awakens, but over A New Hope? Nah.

I liked the movie and all but on a pure story level, Civil War is a mess. It was trying to be a Winter Soldier sequel, a third Avengers movie, and a Black Panther origin story all at once and didn’t manage to bring those elements together in any kind of satisfactory way.

A New Hope, on the other hand, just tells a simple story with clearly-defined characters, stakes, a memorable villain, and doesn’t waste time with needless cameos and franchise-building. I mean, Black Panther was great and easily the best part of CW because he's the only character who has a complete character arc informed by what happens in the movie, but was there any reason Spider-Man had to be there other than to advertise Homecoming?