• Captain America : civil war

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I mean I get it. It was the first time he saw his favorite character. shyt even though that airport scene feels out of a different movie tonally, I give it a pass because spider man:russ: so I feel @Ziggiy on this one but nah
+1
There's no reason for Spider-Man to be there at all. The entire movie just stops to shoehorn him into the movie and his presence runs counter to Tony's entire motivation. He feels guilt for getting a kid killed so he endangers another kid? :dahell:

I don't see how you can say with a straight face that Black Panther had no reason to be there. Wakaknda was backing the Sokovia accords, Wakandans died during the incident in Lagos, and the fukking King was assassinated when the accords were being ratified.
I think the fact they short changed Black Panther for Spiderman is what takes away from the movie on repeated viewings. They really could have used that 7 or 8 minutes (like they planned at first) to help flesh out Black Panther. Show his intelligence, get him a scene alone dealing with the grief of his father's death. Not just talking with other people about it. Just a scene of him alone reacting. It worked out in the end....Spiderman made the movie more enjoyable. BP would have made the ending more powerful. But yes the shoehorn was disgraceful.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Civil War was alright, Winter Soldier was till near the end which to me was boring and stupid.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This really didn't need to be a thread.

Literally the only reason he said it is because black panther is in it.

Same way he thinks Luke cage is the best show netflix has ever made (not just marvel shows) and same way he's going to say black panther will be the best comic book film of all time in all likelihood.

It is what it is :manny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This really didn't need to be a thread.

Literally the only reason he said it is because black panther is in it.

Same way he thinks Luke cage is the best show netflix has ever made (not just marvel shows) and same way he's going to say black panther will be the best comic book film of all time in all likelihood.

It is what it is :manny:

Basically. And like I said, I get it:hubie: I ain't mad at him. Black excellence counts for a lot and the man has his opinion and his views. Starting a thread isn't going to make him change his mind:russ: he doesnt give a fukk

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Idk about the dialogue cause Lucas' pen is type questionable lol but everything else yes. Especially the action and music and just the craft behind it.

he didn't put in the effort when he wrote the prequels.

but the original star wars has nothing but classic bars. almost every other line is quotable and memorable.

no marvel movie has dialogue as rich as what you hear in star wars.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
he didn't put in the effort when he wrote the prequels.

but the original star wars has nothing but classic bars. almost every other line is quotable and memorable.

no marvel movie has dialogue as rich as what you hear in star wars.

Nah I think the performances are what sold the dialogue especially since all three of the principles said it wasn't the kinda stuff you could say. They made it work. Some of it is ill but there's a lot of meh that just works because of the people and their effort plus he had everything else cracking

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I'll take the original trilogy n force awakens and even rogue One over civil war personally. And I saw civil war 3 times in theaters

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Jedi wasnt as good as 4 or 5 but we forget how iconic it was
tumblr_n85esaJOKx1rlheeoo1_500.gif

5530c03e45b04.gif

This alone > any marvel scene ever.

Luke was on FIRE this movie.
conclusion.gif

tumblr_nwedq4T3QV1tu6tfso1_500.gif

Its viewed as 'bad' because ANH was an A, empire was an A+, and jedi was an A-
Jedi is my favorite one. Empire is the best but Jedi was my favorite forever. It's got all the elements of what makes Star Wars great. Iconic scenes. Introduction to Emperor. Redemption. Sabers. Chases. Great characters and planets. Jabba Palace and dune sea fire. The best space battle so far.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Y'all complain about ewoks but don't Care that avengers were holding back against eachother. Ewoks were about to eat Han Solo and cook him while he was alive. And played bongos on the helmets of people they killed. That's not childish they just look cute

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Nah I think the performances are what sold the dialogue especially since all three of the principles said it wasn't the kinda stuff you could say. They made it work. Some of it is ill but there's a lot of meh that just works because of the people and their effort plus he had everything else cracking

of course it's hokey and over the top. it's supposed to me mythic and whimsical.

come on bro look at all these classic bars.

"may the force be with you"
"the force will be with you.. always"
"help me obi wan kenobi... you're my only hope"
"the force is strong with this one"
"i find your lack of faith disturbing"
"sorry about the mess"
"before the dark times... before the empire"
"that's no moon"
"this will soon be a day long remembered..."
"evacuate? in our moment of triumph?"
"who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him"
"escape is not his plan... i must face him alone"
"if there's a bright center to the universe you're on the planet furthest from"
"i sense something... a presence i've not felt since..."
"don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed"
"these aren't the droids you're looking for"
"travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy"
"the circle is now complete, when i left you i was but the learner now i am the master..."

just heat after heat.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
of course it's hokey and over the top. it's supposed to me mythic and whimsical.

come on bro look at all these classic bars.

"may the force be with you"
"the force will be with you.. always"
"help me obi wan kenobi... you're my only hope"
"the force is strong with this one"
"i find your lack of faith disturbing"
"sorry about the mess"
"before the dark times... before the empire"
"that's no moon"
"this will soon be a day long remembered..."
"evacuate? in our moment of triumph?"
"who's more foolish, the fool or the fool that follows him"
"escape is not his plan... i must face him alone"
"if there's a bright center to the universe you're on the planet furthest from"
"i sense something... a presence i've not felt since..."
"don't be so proud of this technological terror you've constructed"
"these aren't the droids you're looking for"
"travelling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy"
"the circle is now complete, when i left you i was but the learner now i am the master..."

just heat after heat.

Yeah it works because of the actors. He assembled a squad man. Alec Guinness is one of the greats as is peter Cushing. They can sell you anything