CNN REALLY just asked the president of Spelman about ctg's comments about DEI

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
I don’t know. Do we need some PHD who has studied diversity and sociology at Yale and taught at Harvard for 20 years to tell us what is what?

Some people have a pulse of the streets and have been doing social commentary for a decade plus. They hold open forums, rub shoulders with professionals and prominent figures, and listen to what the people have to say.

As long as he can gather and articulate his thoughts, he can share his opinion. Now if CNN decides to put some type of value on it.
giphy.gif

Is he still sniffing chairs or did he stop and get serious? I guess you can eloquently state your opinion and enjoy the smell of residual P sweat at the same time right?
:russ:
Hes been slowly making a come back to being flagrant lol

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The Daily Show used to have one host, and it used to be a standup comedian who did political material. It was a natural pivot for them to discuss, interview, and joke about a subject that they've previous shown interest in.

The last time I looked up, they showed pictures of their rotation of guests hosts. And guess what? It's clear that they made a choice to have hosts of DIVERSE backgrounds.

FoeQqS8WYAA1_nH

Fr_o0JcXsAICcGk

Ee7vkmI.jpg

tds_guest_hosts_group_1x1_rev1_custom-d55a723e1eeae5b2c180608bd609f768c6477cbe-s800-c85.webp

Al Franken and DL Hughley are the guests hosts who fit the mold of the host slot for that show. The others, not as familiar with their standup material but sure seems to represent the different race, ethnic, gender, sexual orientations of the country. ctg should have refused the offer to guest host because clearly the diverse casting decision was " garbage"

tenor.gif

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
A Ben Carson clip was posted here recently where he disagreed with diversity measures for a different reason. He said that decisions should be based on merit rather than race.
At the end, the host asked him about potentially being the VP pick by Trump so that Republicans could "broaden their base"? He grinned like a clown, and avoided the irony of being picked specifically because of race.
Clown shyt from him, and clown shyt here from ctg.
" Diversity measures are bad..................unless it benefits me"
Gtfoh

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CNN straight up wants to pander to the right, they announced it months ago
You right on that :mjpls:
The leading shareholder in Warner Brothers Discovery is John Malone, a multibillionaire cable magnate. (Malone was a chief architect in the merger of Discovery and CNN.)

Malone describes himself as a “libertarian” although he travels in rightwing Republican circles. In 2005, he held 32% of the shares of Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation. He is on the board of directors of the Cato Institute. In 2017, he donated $250,000 to Trump’s inauguration.

Malone has said he wants CNN to be more like Fox News because, in his view, Fox News has “actual journalism”. Malone also wants the “news” portion of CNN to be “more centrist”.

It’s unlikely that Malone instructed Zaslav to tell Licht to fire Stelter. Power isn’t exercised that directly or clumsily in large corporate media bureaucracies.

It’s more likely that Licht knew what Zaslav wanted, and Zaslav knew what Malone wanted. A source told Deadline’s Dominic Patten and Ted Johnson that even if Malone didn’t order Stelter’s ouster, “it sure represents his thinking”.

Early last spring, Stelter wrote in his newsletter that Malone’s comments about CNN “stoked fears that Discovery might stifle CNN journalists and steer away from calling out indecency and injustice”.

When you follow the money behind deeply irresponsible decisions at the power centers of America today, the road often leads to rightwing billionaires.

Last Sunday, on his last show, Stelter said:

“It’s not partisan to stand up for decency and democracy and dialogue. It’s not partisan to stand up to demagogues. It’s required. It’s patriotic. We must make sure we don’t give platforms to those who are lying to our faces.”

Precisely.

Sadly, there are still many in America – and not just billionaires like Malone – who believe that holding Trump accountable for what he has done (and continues to do) to this country is a form of partisanship, and that such partisanship has no place in so-called “balanced journalism”.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
A Ben Carson clip was posted here recently where he disagreed with diversity measures for a different reason. He said that decisions should be based on merit rather than race.
At the end, the host asked him about potentially being the VP pick by Trump so that Republicans could "broaden their base"? He grinned like a clown, and avoided the irony of being picked specifically because of race.
Clown shyt from him, and clown shyt here from ctg.
" Diversity measures are bad..................unless it benefits me"
Gtfoh
He even used the word "garbage" like charlemagne the buffoon did

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
CNN straight up wants to pander to the right, they announced it months ago
I see it as more pandering to youth audience.
Laura Coates had a brief clip a few weeks ago with a female rapper just because she took a photograph with Biden.

The youtube clip of the interview with Spelman's president was literally labelled "Hbcu president responds to Charlemagne" and his image was the vid cap/screenshot.

Trying to get young adults to tune in, who otherwise wouldn't.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
It's 2024 and blacks still have to justify our position. :francis: Unpopular opinion but I guess it's honest to say the joke is on us.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At 5 minute mark of segment. They aired his commentary, I edited that bullshyt out.

====================
Dear Abby,
Please don't do this again.

yeah, I was disgusted with that segment a little too when I seen it this morning.

but, that’s how media is these days.

Everyone is looking for their “ringer”

So are yall just going to ignore the record applications to HBCUs? Everything is working in divine timing. We tried to tell yall about the open racism,and the rollback of assimilation policies. Problem is yall dont wanna take 5 steps back to move 10 steps foward. Yall arent cool with being uncomfortable,which is why in 50 years,we havent made nearly the strides our ancestors did in the Reconstruction Era,then the Civil Rights era.:respect: