CNN REALLY just asked the president of Spelman about ctg's comments about DEI

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They should ask the people who enabled and endorsed him becoming a thought leader (Angela Rye) what they think.

His pro-black liberal crew has been oddly silent during his conservative c00ning era, the same way they were silent when he was outed as a “lesser charge” predator.

Your right about the last part. But most of thecoli sided with him when it came to that girl saying she was raped. Guess it was cool when he was a card carrying Democrat. Watch how it starts to be bought up more now that hes neutral. Yes neutral,I have yet to see him say we should be voting for Republicans. He is however entertaining them,which is a level above where #BothSides is willing to go:respect:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Facts, black people from American are just used as Shields for both the Dems and Repubs to push their agendas both for and against. We don't benefit from any of this stuff

if you believe this, you believe blacks are intellectually incapable of getting the position of taking advantage of DEI

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
So are yall just going to ignore the record applications to HBCUs? Everything is working in divine timing. We tried to tell yall about the open racism,and the rollback of assimilation policies. Problem is yall dont wanna take 5 steps back to move 10 steps foward. Yall arent cool with being uncomfortable,which is why in 50 years,we havent made nearly the strides our ancestors did in the Reconstruction Era,then the Civil Rights era.:respect:
my opinion on DEI hasn't even been expressed, just my opinion on the media and their pundits.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if you believe this, you believe blacks are intellectually incapable of getting the position of taking advantage of DEI

By that logic we shouldnt need DEI if its about intellectual capability.

my opinion on DEI hasn't even been expressed, just my opinion on the media and their pundits.

You were disgusted by the segment. Point is you were focused on the wrong thing.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I see it as more pandering to youth audience.
Laura Coates had a brief clip a few weeks ago with a female rapper just because she took a photograph with Biden.

The youtube clip of the interview with Spelman's president was literally labelled "Hbcu president responds to Charlemagne" and his image was the vid cap/screenshot.

Trying to get young adults to tune in, who otherwise wouldn't.
This…

CNN has been making crackhead decisions for years now and they’re really paying for them. They may end up being Shade Room status at some point. I’ve literally had people shyt on “the media” to me mainly because I’m apart of it, but then will turn around and tell me they hey their news from the shade room or some other bullshyt blogs.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You were disgusted by the segment. Point is you were focused on the wrong thing.

This makes no sense, its proven that blacks with equal and greater capacity than their non black counters parts can be missed due to pre conceived biases and the lack of proper corporate outreach that non blacks get.

Unless that is what you are trying to say

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps

how you gonna tell me wtf i focused on?

if i don't wanna see someone unqualified disseminating information over broadcast new media networks, that's my damn right.

not to mention, there are a lot of different things on the network that disgust me but since you wanna ride with ya man, you'll get my opinion on ya man

sit down somewhere. or stand up and jog in place idgaf, nikka :mjlol:

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
So are yall just going to ignore the record applications to HBCUs? Everything is working in divine timing. We tried to tell yall about the open racism,and the rollback of assimilation policies. Problem is yall dont wanna take 5 steps back to move 10 steps foward. Yall arent cool with being uncomfortable,which is why in 50 years,we havent made nearly the strides our ancestors did in the Reconstruction Era,then the Civil Rights era.:respect:
We not seeing how these red states are now attacking HBCUs? Mississippi proposing bills to shut down its only HBCU. The state of Tennessee owing $2.1 billion to Tennesee State University. When it was pointed out, not only did the college not get the money, the Republican governor replaces nearly all the black board of trustees at the school with his hand picks cronies to oversee spending at the college. NC A&T is owed $2 billion by the state or NC that the govement won't release.

How long before lawsuits start being filed at HBCUs for having programs to help black students, but are seen as discriminatory against non-black students there. Hell they've even filed a lawsuit because of thr George Floyd scholarship for black students, alleging that it discriminate because white students can't qualify for it.

The end game for these whites is to minimize black education as much as possible. They only want athletes, those that will make money for the universities to attend college. If all the money generators (star athletes) start attending HBCUs only, they will attack full force with lawsuits, oversight, regulations, and outright dismantling.

Problem is with all these initiatives, is to these white conservatives, perception is reality. If they think something is benefiting black Americans and not whites, they want to take it away.

We blacks gave up the woke battle (as I hear as many black people using the word in the same context as white conservatives). We gave up the CRT battle ('they talk about gay shyt anyway"). We gave up on affirmative action ("it helps white women mostly anyway"). We giving up DEI ("it helps most gays and non blacks anyway"). We giving up on voting (both sides right?). We giving up on the black church ("fukk all that prarying and forgiving"). What more will they take, and then we claim we are giving up anyway because it doesn't benefit us? What will be the breaking point?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We not seeing how these red states are now attacking HBCUs? Mississippi proposing bills to shut down its only HBCU. The state of Tennessee owing $2.1 billion to Tennesee State University. When it was pointed out, not only did the college not get the money, the Republican governor replaces nearly all the black board of trustees at the school with his hand picks cronies to oversee spending at the college. NC A&T is owed $2 billion by the state or NC that the govement won't release.

How long before lawsuits start being filed at HBCUs for having programs to help black students, but are seen as discriminatory against non-black students there. Hell they've even filed a lawsuit because of thr George Floyd scholarship for black students, alleging that it discriminate because white students can't qualify for it.

The end game for these whites is to minimize black education as much as possible. They only want athletes, those that will make money for the universities to attend college. If all the money generators (star athletes) start attending HBCUs only, they will attack full force with lawsuits, oversight, regulations, and outright dismantling.

Problem is with all these initiatives, is to these white conservatives, perception is reality. If they think something is benefiting black Americans and not whites, they want to take it away.

We blacks gave up the woke battle (as I hear as many black people using the word in the same context as white conservatives). We gave up the CRT battle ('they talk about gay shyt anyway"). We gave up on affirmative action ("it helps white women mostly anyway"). We giving up DEI ("it helps most gays and non blacks anyway"). We giving up on voting (both sides right?). We giving up on the black church ("fukk all that prarying and forgiving"). What more will they take, and then we claim we are giving up anyway because it doesn't benefit us? What will be the breaking point?

Now your posing the most powerful question of a lifetime. After watching all of this unfold,are you slightly more open to leaving the country:respect:?

And if not,I would think it would cause black folks to light more of a fire under their elected officials. And if you wont leave the country,as a black person you should at least have the willingness to leave these red states and turn them into Idaho.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This makes no sense, its proven that blacks with equal and greater capacity than their non black counters parts can be missed due to pre conceived biases and the lack of proper corporate outreach that non blacks get.

Unless that is what you are trying to say

Im saying even with DEI white supremacy still exist. So its not about being intellectually capable. Fact is,where there is white supremacy,they will find a way to undermine blacks repositioning ourselves in places they dont want us.

If this wasnt the case we wouldnt need DEI. And since this is the case DEI is a superficial bandaid like the one Nelly used to wear#RipItOff:respect:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im saying even with DEI white supremacy still exist. So its not about being intellectually capable. Fact is,where there is white supremacy,they will find a way to undermine blacks repositioning ourselves in places they dont want us.

If this wasnt the case we wouldnt need DEI. And since this is the case DEI is a superficial bandaid like the one Nelly used to wear#RipItOff:respect:

So what are you trying to say, dei shouldnt exist because white supremacy exists so its whatever????

I am confused

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what are you trying to say, dei shouldnt exist because white supremacy exists so its whatever????

I am confused

Im not against it existing. But if black people are going to view it as a real answer to white supremacy. And its just going to breed more black comfortability,I'd rather it not exist.

Rip off the bandaid and force us back to black collectivism. Trace your steps backwards,integration and assimilation is where we first went off track. It was a neccessary step at the time,now stepping backwards is the move. But for people who dont play chess,they might not know a backwards move can be positioning for a checkmate:respect: