Coli brehs, can someone explain this Lavar Ball quote?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Let the whole world know i rep Zone 4
After his son Lonzo's disastrous, brick filled Summer League debut (5 pts on 2 of 15, 1 of 11 from 3, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 turnovers) Lavar Ball had this to say after the Lakers 96-93 OT loss to the Clippers:

“I’m going to show you what [Lonzo] did do,” Lavar said, praising his son’s box office power.“Look how many Lakers fans out here. He changed the culture. That’s what it’s about. It ain’t about him being a superstar. Instead of going to the movies, everybody is coming to watch the Lakers and Big Baller Brand.”

Does Lavar not realize that the Lakers have one of the biggest followings of all pro teams in the world? :dwillhuh: Laker fans support no matter who is out there

How did he change the culture in a summer league game in Las Vegas? :dwillhuh:

So Lavar doesn't see his son as a superstar now? I thought Lonzo was supposed to be a GOAT level PG brought in to deliver the Lakers another title...now his responsibility is being a culture changer off of one SL game? :dwillhuh:

Can you Laker/BBB fans make sense out of all this b/c a breh is legit like :mindblown: trying to make sense of all this shyt. Thanks

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Did you expect him to not attempt to spin it? I'm not gonna tear into Lonzo for having a shytty first summer league game.

But a bunch of other nikkas will I'm sure

I'm not even really talking about Lonzo's game. Most non biased and reasonable people can see that Lonzo had a horrible game, shyt Lavar admits as much himself. I'm trying to understand the "culture changer" comments and him not needing to be a superstar shyt because everything BBB & Godfather Lavar taught me was that Lonzo was gonna be a superstar and the Lakers were gonna win. Now I don't know what to think :dwillhuh:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
He's turning a negative to a positive

:dwillhuh:

What that the Lakers already had fans? Or that his son singlehandedly made people care about the Lakers again? That his son doesn't have to be a superstar anymore even tho he's supposed to be better than Steph? If I didn't know any better I'd say Godfather Lavar was just full of shyt but I know that that can't possibly be the case

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Why did he take 11 threes? :mjlol:

You ever play pickup ball and you got that kid who isn't fast or big enough to play so he just sits outside on the perimeter and shoots all day. That's what that was, Lonzo was scared to go inside & play with the big boys

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Why did he take 11 threes? :mjlol:
stephshimmy2k16.gif

New era :heh:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:

What that the Lakers already had fans? Or that his son singlehandedly made people care about the Lakers again? That his son doesn't have to be a superstar anymore even tho he's supposed to be better than Steph? If I didn't know any better I'd say Godfather Lavar was just full of shyt but I know that that can't possibly be the case

I'm saying that's what he's trying to do

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
You ever play pickup ball and you got that kid who isn't fast or big enough to play so he just sits outside on the perimeter and shoots all day. That's what that was, Lonzo was scared to go inside & play with the big boys
I think he'll be fine long term. Not surprised he's getting shytted on with his mediocre athleticism tho. How'd he look on D tho?