Common talks about Dilla writing and rhyming on Thelonious

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Dilla was underrated as an emcee
Damn right he was.

I say with a straight face all the time that Dilla was one of my favorite rappers. I've had people say, "you mean as far as producers go?" :picard:

Just in general he's one of my favorite rappers. Dilla had a smooth and bouncy flow that is unique to this day, and he's one of the best shyt talking emcees ever. I love that he's got a reputation as this neo-soul producer cat, but 90% of his raps were about strippers, weed, big trucks, ice, rims, and even a little bit of gun play/stick talk.
:banderas:

His verse definitely belonged last on Thelonious. He bodied Common on there. :damn:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Damn right he was.

I say with a straight face all the time that Dilla was one of my favorite rappers. I've had people say, "you mean as far as producers go?" :picard:

Just in general he's one of my favorite rappers. Dilla had a smooth and bouncy flow that is unique to this day, and he's one of the best shyt talking emcees ever. I love that he's got a reputation as this neo-soul producer cat, but 90% of his raps were about strippers, weed, big trucks, ice, rims, and even a little bit of gun play/stick talk.
:banderas:

His verse definitely belonged last on Thelonious. He bodied Common on there. :damn:
Yeah, that verse was legendary. Bars, patterns, all of it.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Dilla didn't sleep at all that night he dropped Com off :wow:

That was the norm for the goat:myman:

Black Thought is another cat that certified Dilla's and SV's rhyming in general. Cats used to try to hate on SV on the mic when they first came out, their ears were just foreign to that Detroit shyt/style tho:myman:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Yeah - Dilla went off on this. He had some great vocal performances over the years.:wow:

I always fukked with Slum Village for being on some vibes shyt, but I think I saw them live before hearing the album. I lliked that they managed to capture that energy and recreate it for Fantastic Vol. 2