Common talks about Dilla writing and rhyming on Thelonious

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I do think Dilla had some influence on the LoFi thing. I agree he wouldn’t love it. But if you ask a lot of these LoFi producers who their favorite producers are, the big names that come up are Knxledge, FlyLo, and Dilla.

I think Knx might’ve had the most influence in the sound without being a full time LoFi producer himself.

I think a lot of LoFi fans work backwards until they land on Dilla, Madlib, Pete Rock, Alchemist, and other more contemporary beat makers that are loved and revered.

This here and that dude form Cali name Jinsang.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
That's a risky take but I agree with it.

I understand why it's revered and I can't front like I was the biggest Dilla fan on earth before Donuts. In many ways it's what turned me from a casual fan to a super fan. But it's always been weird that so many people think of Donuts as being his sound when it's an experimental album that was made under wild circumstances. I think his mom said every beat on Donuts besides 2 was made with him dying in the hospital.

Khrysis put me onto Dilla with Fantastic 2, JayLib, and then Ruff Draft. I thought they were dope, especially Ruff Draft. To this day that's my favorite Dilla project. Once I heard Donuts I was able to realize his versatility and appreciate his older work much more.

ruff draft is my fav jay dee project.

ill loops. hard drums. abstract sample flips. crazy rhymes.

even the re-release was heat

personal classic for me. knowing him he probably did it in a weekend :wow: